Search results

1. kennsj

Worklog Nontendo Woi - My first portable

Started work on the balsa wood case. I'll be able to make it shorter, but it'll be wider by necessity. Still a comfortable size for large hands.
  2. kennsj

Question GC controller triggers

Beautiful. Thank you, Stitches.
  3. kennsj

Question GC controller triggers

Short Version: Do the button contacts for the L and R triggers on a GC controller do anything, or is input solely taken from the "slide switches" on the underside of the PCB? Long Version: Here are photos of both sides of a 3rd party GameCube controller, marked with the terms I'm using to refer...
  4. kennsj

Stitches, you are indeed the guy. Nice. Their PTH08080s are reasonably priced, too. Will do a little further experimentation with batteries and buy some regs there if my results point me in that direction. Right. That, and its cost, puts me off it. Might look at securing the troublesome sink...
  5. kennsj

Thanks. Any tips on where to source it? Prices for it on ebay including P&H to Australia are crazy, and my local electronics suppliers don't appear to list it on their online stores. For now, I'm holding the GPU's heatsink in place with some hot glue around the edges, but I realise that's not...
  6. kennsj

Yeah... This... Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me in ever-so-thinly veiled terms that my build is ugly and I don't know what I'm doing. I'll just be crying over here in the corner, cradling my perfectly functional, satisfactorily portable Nontendo Woi, trying not to get tears on...
  7. kennsj

I did get two of those, one for the CPU and for the GPU, but the one for the GPU just wouldn't stay stuck. You sure these aren't going to do the job? The thermal resistance seems high enough (5.9 deg C/W). I forget the math I did to make sure they'd be good enough, but when I did do the math...
  8. kennsj

Question Wii little cooling fans

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks again, Stitches!
  9. kennsj

Follow-up question. Should the fan suck or blow?
  10. kennsj

The fan was running fine before mounting, so I'm reasonably confident that it's not a wiring issue, but I'll definitely check on it if I can't find a physical obstruction. Thanks for the rubbing alcohol tip! Oh, I do! It's one of these little beauties. Ahh, I see! Does "custom regulators" mean...
  11. kennsj

Worklog Luwiigi Portable Worklog!

This looks cool. I was toying with the idea of incorporating a Wiimote and nunchuck, but because I'm planning to play GC games on my unit, I'm going with an NGC controller. If you do want to play GC titles, you might find your choices a bit limited with your currently planned controller setup...
  12. kennsj

First off, I'd like to express my gratitude to the good people on here whose work makes it possible for us newbies to get our projects off the ground. Secondly, here's my WIP portable, which I'm naming the "Nontendo Woi". Features: uncut Wii MB 7" screen 3300mAh Li-Ion battery custom...
  13. kennsj

Okay, cool (no pun intended). Thanks for the quick response! Maybe there's just something wrong with the fan points, then. nvm
  14. kennsj

Hi. First time posting. Currently working on a not-too-ambitious first build, and will post about that separately once it's further underway. Right now though, I have a simple (noobish?) question that I couldn't find an answer to through the search function. The cooling fan on the Wii didn't...