Search results

1. The Gears of Progress

Wii seems to turn on, but gets no video output

I know, right? That's why I think I shorted the motherboard somehow... It's so weird that everything else seems to work though
  2. The Gears of Progress

I don’t have a photo of it unfortunately, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the issue since I’m not getting an output from composite either. Unless I maybe installed the AVE-HDMI wrong and it’s corrupting the whole video output?
  3. The Gears of Progress

I did not, it didn't ship before I trimmed it down. That's a good idea in retrospect, I'll do that next time around lol. However, I did test all the contact points between the AVE and the solder points on the AVE-HDMI, so I believe it should be installed correctly
  4. The Gears of Progress

Hello everyone! Earlier this year, I had a working Wii trim. However, after installing a few more things (the PMS, PMS-PD, AVE-HDMI, and Bluetooth) I tested it again and while everything seems to turn on, I get nothing for an AV video output, besides a black screen. HDMI doesn’t recognize that...
  5. The Gears of Progress

Question Bill of Materials for a basic portable Wii

It looks like a few weeks ago the 4 Layer Technologies Twitter account said they’d be restocked soon, so we may be in luck!
  6. The Gears of Progress

I'm this close to buying the individual parts and a custom PCB to solder my own PMS, but that seems like it might be way more effort than I think it is lol
  7. The Gears of Progress

Oh, right! I completely forgot to mention the display- I'm planning on getting a 6.2" screen to replace the one in the Wii U Gamepad, plus a VGA driver board to go with it That's unfortunate about the PD2 needing the PMS... kinda sucks that they're sold out then lol
  8. The Gears of Progress

Hi there! I'm new to console modding, although I'm currently getting a degree in Computer and Electrical engineering so I have some knowledge in electronics. I wanted to start to make my own portable Wii inside of a Wii U Gamepad, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. I have a list of...
  9. The Gears of Progress

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi there! I’m a long time lurker in the console modding scene and now I’m finally making the leap into my first portable Wii! I’m currently getting a degree in Computer and Electrical Engineering, so I have some electronics background and experience. However, I’m not even close to knowing...