Wii seems to turn on, but gets no video output

Hello everyone! Earlier this year, I had a working Wii trim. However, after installing a few more things (the PMS, PMS-PD, AVE-HDMI, and Bluetooth) I tested it again and while everything seems to turn on, I get nothing for an AV video output, besides a black screen. HDMI doesn’t recognize that it’s turned on either. Initially thinking the issue was my batteries, I removed my PMS and reattached my RVL-PSU since that’s what I used for testing before and I got the same issue. Everything acts like the system is working, the two silver chips get hot, the AVE-HDMI starts flashing green, the Bluetooth module allows for a previously synced Wii remote to be connected, and my TV recognizes that something is trying to display on my AV input, as it leaves the “no signal found-is it on?” screen.

Any ideas for what could be going wrong here? Or might my motherboard just be toast?

Here’s an image of my board while I still had my PMS still attached. Nothings changed since then besides detaching the voltage inputs and replacing them with the inputs of the RVL-PSU
A9CF20A8-BDB5-4702-8429-222D7362C943.jpeg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Did you test the AVE-HDMI before trimming?

I did not, it didn't ship before I trimmed it down. That's a good idea in retrospect, I'll do that next time around lol. However, I did test all the contact points between the AVE and the solder points on the AVE-HDMI, so I believe it should be installed correctly

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Pic of AVE-HDMI wiring?

I don’t have a photo of it unfortunately, but I’m pretty sure it’s not the issue since I’m not getting an output from composite either. Unless I maybe installed the AVE-HDMI wrong and it’s corrupting the whole video output?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That's odd. You should still get composite out after disconnecting 3.3v from mode

I know, right? That's why I think I shorted the motherboard somehow... It's so weird that everything else seems to work though

Hello my Friend
I have complet the identli project of you.
I think you signal is not correct connected
Connect your cable at the rear of the mother board. Look the trimming methode for the pictur to connect av signal
Good day