Question Bill of Materials for a basic portable Wii

Hi there! I'm new to console modding, although I'm currently getting a degree in Computer and Electrical engineering so I have some knowledge in electronics. I wanted to start to make my own portable Wii inside of a Wii U Gamepad, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. I have a list of materials that I think is complete, but likely is not haha. I'm also confused on where to purchase a few of the parts-

These are all the materials I have and that I understand:
- Cut down Wii board
- Wii U Gamepad Shell
- GC+ 2 (for controller support)
- Wii U Gamepad button circuitboards
- PMS-PD 2 (For data transfer and charging)

These are the materials I know I'll need, but I'm not sure which ones to get (or where to get them)
- Batteries (I've read Lithium Cells are the best to go with for a first portable)
- Power regulator (I've head the RVL-PMS is great, but it's out of stock)
- Audio control (the U-AMP 2 is currently sold out on 4LayerTech)
- Fan and Heat Sink

Should I wait to start my portable until some of those items are back in stock? Or are there other ways that I can purchase them and/or replace them? Also if I'm missing anything big, please let me know so I can add it to my purchase list :D

Thanks!

The PD 2 is needs to go with the PMS 2 or the PMS Lite in order to function I believe, however someone correct me if im wrong. Also have you thought of what you're going to do for a display?

Oh, right! I completely forgot to mention the display- I'm planning on getting a 6.2" screen to replace the one in the Wii U Gamepad, plus a VGA driver board to go with it

That's unfortunate about the PD2 needing the PMS... kinda sucks that they're sold out then lol

I'm this close to buying the individual parts and a custom PCB to solder my own PMS, but that seems like it might be way more effort than I think it is lol

They're out of stock because of the chip shortage, so I doubt it would be any easier to find the chips yourself, not to mention the hassle of assembling the board. I'd just wait if I was you man.

It looks like a few weeks ago the 4 Layer Technologies Twitter account said they’d be restocked soon, so we may be in luck!