Search results

1. TopatoJoe

Solved Wii booted once after trimming but did not boot afterwards

Hey there! I trimmed the Wii today and it works! well, slightly. It booted up into the "No USB" screen once, however, I tried to boot it up again and it didn't work. The fans spun and the Wii got hot but it didn't have a video signal. The PMS-Lite flashed through a few colors and then never...
  2. TopatoJoe

Solved 5v From PMS-Lite without 5v power delivery?

Hey there again! I was wondering how I can get 5v of the PMS-lite when I am using a 3.6v 1s2p 18650 power source. My display driver board can be modified to do 5v instead of 12. Would I need a higher voltage battery? Thanks in advance, Joe
  3. TopatoJoe

Solved Ways to test PMS Lite & PD 2 on non-trimmed wii

Hey there! I wanted to test my PMS lite and the PD 2 together on my currently untrimmed Wii, is that possible? And if so, how? Thanks, Joe
  4. TopatoJoe

Solved Where to wire the joystick button on GC+ 2.0?

Hey there! Sorry if this is a newb question, but I cannot find a place where I solder the "S" connection from the switch joysticks to the GC+2.0. I looked at the 4-layer tech website and that didn't tell me where to solder it. Thanks, Joe
  5. TopatoJoe

Worklog "The Halogen Project" My first wii portable worklog

Hey there! I recently began the arduous process of building my Wii portable and will be posting progress updates here. As of April 14th, 2022, I have a finalized outer case design and some first renders. Most of the first revision parts have arrived, and my first test print for the last case...
  6. TopatoJoe

RVLoader (1-1.5) Theme File Error

Hey there! I was just installing RVloader on the Wii and it will not load a theme file, I tried adding it but it still doesn't load it. I have heard it is related to Sandisk drives, of which mine is, here is a link to the drive: 64GB Nintendont works fine, it's just BBloader and RVloader that...
  7. TopatoJoe

Question Controller wiring for Wii Portables

Hey there! I have been poking around the internet preparing for a Wii Portable project (Read exploration) with a few other students interested. I think I got most of it nailed down but I still cannot understand the wiring and programming for controllers. I know there's a GC+ 2.0 board that helps...