Search results

1. z4ch4ry5

Question Incorporating Classic Controller into portable

Ah right, somehow it totally slipped my mind that any game that supports classic controller would of course by default support a standard Wiimote+nunchuck. Thanks so much for your help!
  2. z4ch4ry5

If I understand you correctly, that means if I want to play a game that doesn't support GC controllers, RVLoader takes care of this so that I don't need to trim a Wiimote to fit in the build? Also I'm still trying to understand the steps I would need to take to incorporate a classic controller...
  3. z4ch4ry5

I have a main question about the CC with a few secondary questions that I would very much appreciate clarification for! Q: Can the Classic Controller be hardwired to the Wii motherboard, or does it need to go through something like Classic+ then trimmed Wiimote then Bluetooth soldered to...
  4. z4ch4ry5

Question Thinner alternative to 18650 cells?

Hi everyone. I'm not quite done with my current portable yet, but my head is already buzzing with new ideas for my next. I'm hoping with my next build I'll be able to cut back on the size for a much slimmer form factor. The question: are there good thinner alternatives to the 18650 cells? Off...
  5. z4ch4ry5

Worklog The Lombardii - First (and a half) portable

Life, uh...finds a way.
  6. z4ch4ry5

Finished a good amount of casework but then I ran into some wiring problems. I had wired up my regulators and they all output good voltages, but when I wired up the regs to the Wii, the input voltage on the whole Vout line from my charging board dropped to about 1.6V. I figured it was a short...
  7. z4ch4ry5

Tried out the 190 and 60 temps and it looks much better already! In previous prints that bottom right corner would start to curl up at this layer already, so this is looking good. Redoing a print of the shell top. Have a bunch of papers for undergrad research due this week so hopefully I'll be...
  8. z4ch4ry5

So after about a whole month and a half, progress! I just hiked this build cost by about $300 because I bought this thing: (Monoprice Maker Select Plus) And then I used it to print this thing: This was actually my third bottom shell revision in total, since the first one I made with my new...
  9. z4ch4ry5

Yup, just regular pink pla.
  10. z4ch4ry5

Small update but an exciting one. First run of the top shell came back and it looks great! As you can see I didn't finish removing the raft but that's because halfway through using one of those print removal tools to pry off the surprisingly resilient plastic, the blade slipped and I sliced my...
  11. z4ch4ry5

Finally an update. I haven't died, but from the amount of school work I've been bombarded with it sure feels like it. Got around to printing more test squares for the buttons and analog sliders. Thanks to @Madmorda for the 3ds abxy and dpad models! They work perfectly. The dimensions I had been...
  12. z4ch4ry5

Question Carb board wii portable?

I think it can be done, with a little help from a cyanoacrylate, such as superglue. By soaking the cardboard with superglue you essentially turn the entire thing into a sheet as stiff as wood. A good example is this video of a cardboard MP5 replica. Throughout the video you can see entire...
  13. z4ch4ry5

Yeah, the printer I'm using isn't the greatest. Unfortunately most of the printers at my school's printing club have leveling issues that I neither have the knowledge nor authority to fix. Bondo will be my friend.
  14. z4ch4ry5

The first draft of the bottom shell is complete! That means it's time for pretty pictures. My next step is to see if I can get these mounting holes to work. They printed a lot smaller than I had planned for, so I'll have to go in with a drill and gently expand the holes. Hopefully it...
  15. z4ch4ry5

Hmm I'll see what I can do about that. Do you think that could've been caused by the part warping? Thanks! And yes, these brackets are pretty much based off of your design, just with different dimensions to fit my tact buttons. Thanks! As of this moment the bottom shell is being printed in...
  16. z4ch4ry5

Midterms are over, thank goodness. I've printed a few of my parts, which include the shoulder buttons, the z button, the dual tact button brackets, the front panel buttons, and the cross bars to support the analog sticks. While the shoulder and Z buttons should all work fine, I didn't...
  17. z4ch4ry5

Thanks! Hopefully it turns out well, in spite of my lack of equipment. I do have a multimeter and so far nothing looks shorted. I'll keep the dust in mind! Thanks! And I'll remove the cap. Haha you can definitely see where I got a lot of inspiration from. Hopefully this turns out how I...
  18. z4ch4ry5

Crossing my fingers to hoping this name isn't taken. So while this is technically going to be my second Wii Portable, I've never posted my worklog here, and my first portable is honestly not the greatest thing in the world. Also, it died a day after completion, and I haven't figured out what's...
  19. z4ch4ry5

Question Portable Battery Pack in a Portable?

Thanks! Glad my idea isn't totally out of the question. I'll be sure to do research on the power output capabilities then.
  20. z4ch4ry5

Question Portable Battery Pack in a Portable?

I've got a question on the feasibility of taking a portable charger, say an Anker power pack, disassembling the pack to improve form factor, and using it for a power source. Is this possible? I've realized that spending $20 on a battery pack that already comes with a protection circuit might be...