Search results

1. Tech Flare

Worklog Attempting to put a Wii in a Wii U Gamepad

I've been wanting to do this project for a long time, but have never had the time or money to do it until now. I've seen a number of people put Raspberry Pis into a Wii U Gamepad, but I have only found two examples of someone putting a Wii into a Wii U Gamepad (You can check out the posts here...
  2. Tech Flare

Question Mini USB soldering directly to Raspberry Pi USB not working

Hey guys, idk if this is the right place to be asking about this, but I am making a handheld Raspberry Pi retro game console, and I made a custom controller with a Teensy++ 2.0. This board uses a Mini USB cable to interface with the Raspberry Pi. I wanted to solder it directly to the Pi's USB...
  3. Tech Flare

Raspberry Pi Handheld Audio Help

Hey guys, so I am making a handheld (sheck out my worklog here), and I am trying to figure out what I should do for audio. My plan is to have a 3.5mm audio out so I can plug in headphones, but I also want to have speakers as well. The screen i'm using (link here) already has an audio amplifier...
  4. Tech Flare

Solved Trying to Power a Raspberry Pi and 5" LCD Screen with 1 Battery

Hello everyone, I've been working on making a portable Raspberry Pi for a while now, and it's so close to being done. Here's a link to my worklog that has more details: hackaday.io. Everything is working except my power setup. Basically I am trying to power this 5" display and the Raspberry Pi...
  5. Tech Flare

QUESTION - LED Light Strip Controlled by Raspberry Pi Camera

I have a christmas party to go to tonight, and I was interested in making a cool light up sweater using LED light strips, and controlling the colors of it using the raspberry pi camera so it reflects whatever the camera sees, but after researching a little I found no information on how to do...
  6. Tech Flare

Question Raspberry Pi Console Power/Battery help

Okay so I am building a portable Raspberry Pi console, and my goal is to make it as close to the Nintendo Switch in form factor and function as possible. I've been thinking about how I want to go about this and I have come to a few conclusions: I'm going to use a 7" screen that runs on 12 volts...
  7. Tech Flare

Question Controller help with Nintendo Switch-like Raspberry Pi Console

ok so I’m building my own Raspberry Pi console based on the design of a Nintendo Switch (features include a controller that is split into two parts and con connect to each other or the console, a dock for easy charging and HDMI out, and a Raspberry Pi running retro Pi.) First off let me...
  8. Tech Flare

Question AV Trouble

Okay so I’m on my second Wii now (I accidentally fried my first one), and I’ve run into some trouble. I opted not to trim my Wii because I’m not very experienced with that type of stuff. So on to the problem: I soldered the “ground” and “composite” wires from the Wii to the “AV2” and “ground”...
  9. Tech Flare

Salvaged LCD Monitor doesn't display anything

Ok, so I decided to follow this tutorial by DIY Perks: And try to make a DIY Laptop monitor from an old Laptop screen. I started by salvaging a 12 year old laptop that still worked but was so slow it couldn't be used. It was an HP Compaq computer (can't remember what it was called). Then I...
  10. Tech Flare

Question Video Relocation help

okay, so I've been following along with the wii trimming guide (except for the trimming part), but when I tried soldering the video wires straight to the wii motherboard there was no video output. The screen didn't even recieve a signal! Here are some pictures (above)
  11. Tech Flare

Solved How do I wire a speaker to my portable wii

okay so I've got a speaker that I salvaged from an old Walkie-talkie and I was wondering where I would solder the speaker onto the wii for my portable project.
  12. Tech Flare

Question Is there a good tested ac to dc converter for a portable wii?

so I've started a portable wii porject and I have a 12v 6000mAh DC battery pack that I'm going to use, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good AC to DC converter for my portable Wii project.
  13. Tech Flare

Looking for a Gamecube mod chip to buy

I'm looking for any gamecube mod chip to buy. If anyone has a spare mod chip, tell me which one and how much your willing to sell it for and i'll get back to you as soon as possible!
  14. Tech Flare

Solved How do I load Gamecube Games from an SD card?

okay so I've been researching how to load Gamecube games from an SD card onto a Gamecube so I can get rid of the bulky DVD drive, but wiikey fusions, wasp fusions, and wode jukeboxes are no longer being sold! Also I bought a Xeno GC Mod Chip, but turns out you still need the DVD drive with a...
  15. Tech Flare

Solved Portable Gamecube Help - What to do with power board

Okay so I'm making my first portable console, (a gamecube obviously) and I am not sure what I should do with the power board! So here are my questions: 1. How do I connect the battery to the power input? 2. Will the battery power button turn on power or will the power board button turn...