Question Mini USB soldering directly to Raspberry Pi USB not working

Hey guys, idk if this is the right place to be asking about this, but I am making a handheld Raspberry Pi retro game console, and I made a custom controller with a Teensy++ 2.0. This board uses a Mini USB cable to interface with the Raspberry Pi. I wanted to solder it directly to the Pi's USB 2.0 port so that I could save space and so I wouldn't have a USB plug sticking out of my Pi at all times. I programmed the Teensy, and everything works great, but when I wire it directly to the Pi, the controller is not recognized. I'm not sure why that is happening. Below is a picture of my soldering. I'm also using the same cable I used to program the board, so I know it should work. I might just have to buy another cable or get a Mini USB breakout board.
IMG_2329.jpg

at first sight, this matches the pinout I use as well.

could there be something wrong on the other side?

I once had a teensy soldered and working on windows but not on the pi so it might also be a software related issue

at first sight, this matches the pinout I use as well.

could there be something wrong on the other side?

I once had a teensy soldered and working on windows but not on the pi so it might also be a software related issue
I'm not sure. I have another mini usb cable that I have been using by just plugging it into the usb port which works fine, so there might be something wrong with the cable. I guess I'll get a new one on amazon and see if I can get it to work.

tried out a teensy LC on the pi zero this morning and it worked like a charm on a fresh retropie image.
So there you have your confirmation it should work fine with plug and play if it's configured correctly

tried out a teensy LC on the pi zero this morning and it worked like a charm on a fresh retropie image.
So there you have your confirmation it should work fine with plug and play if it's configured correctly
Turns out the cord I was using was just not working. I bought a different cord and it works great!