Recent content by Red Cyber Tail

1. Red Cyber Tail

Question Ashida not charging at 3A

Ah, I misunderstood, I thought it would charge at 15V 3A. Thanks for the clarification.
  2. Red Cyber Tail

Question Ashida not charging at 3A

I have been working on my first Ashida build off and on. Most everything is working. But, when I charge the unit it will only charge with ~0.5A. I cannot get it to charge with 3A. I am using chargers that deliver 15V @ 3A that I know work. (One of which is this one.) The unit is set to charge at...
  3. Red Cyber Tail

Question Configuring RVL-PMS-2's fan control

I'm running into an issue where the Ashida will not charge above 0.5A at 15V. The power supplies I have tested work at 15V with 2.5A and the other at 3A. Do I need to update any of these settings in RVLoader? Or is it something else?
  4. Red Cyber Tail

Thanks! EDIT: In case anyone is wondering I am using a slightly different fan than the one recommended for the Ashida. I am using this one from Amazon. It seems to only turn on when the fan is set to blow at max speed. When I set the minimum speed of the fan to 255 it runs with no problem. I...
  5. Red Cyber Tail

It was a loose SDW wire between the PMS and MoBo. How do I update the firmware of the PMS? I'm really hung up on this part. I ordered the PMS in July-ish.
  6. Red Cyber Tail

I have been working on my first Ashida and have the whole thing built. Now I'm just... Troubleshooting... How do you configure the RVL-PMS-2? I see on 4LayerTech.com that I should be able to configure the LED's color, see the temperature probe's value, the battery level, and other data...
  7. Red Cyber Tail

Question PMS-2 not outputting 3.3v after adding VGA wiring to Wii MoBo

I disconnected the 3.3v, 1.8v, 1.15v, and 1v lines from the Wii MoBo in case the 3.3v (or something else) was shorted to ground like @icy_system mentioned. After testing the voltages with a multimeter the 3.3v (and other voltages of the PMS-2) are working again! Meaning the issue must be related...
  8. Red Cyber Tail

Question PMS-2 not outputting 3.3v after adding VGA wiring to Wii MoBo

Background info: I am in the process of building my ashida for the first time. I have been able to play games on it, and have everything (but VGA) hooked up at this point. My PMS-2 stopped outputting 3.3v after I tried upgrading from component to VGA. I had a pretty ugly solder bridge along the...
  9. Red Cyber Tail

Question "Failed to initialize FAT" error on First Ashida build

Replacing the 34AWG from the PMS to the PMS-PD 2 (the UP and PW lines) with 22AWG fixed it! Thank you so much! I'm so excited!! UPDATE: I also found that the USB-C cable to access the USB drive now works, but only with a 21700 battery connected. Trying without the battery resulted in a sound...
  10. Red Cyber Tail

I checked D+ and D- via a continuity test. Everything seems to be soldered correctly. I just plugged the PMS-PD 2 into my computer with a data USB-C cable while the USB drive was plugged in. According to 4layertech.com it should pop up like a regular flash drive. But, nothing happened. I'm...
  11. Red Cyber Tail

I'm glad you asked, because I wasn't sure. Looking at my downloaded files on my PC, it looks like I downloaded RVLoader_v1.6.zip which means 1.6 should be installed. I this is the only version of RVLoader I have installed. Also, I was able to run RVLoader without issues before trimming the...
  12. Red Cyber Tail

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

After watching @Shank's latest video on YouTube I could no longer resist and had to build a portable. Had to. This is my first time using any kind of form or online discussion besides Facebook. So please be patient with me if I unintentionally violate any rules or social norms. Just let me know...
  13. Red Cyber Tail

The Problem: I am building my first portable, Wesk's Ashida. When booting the system up I run into the "Failed to initialize FAT FS! Is an USB drive plugged in?" error. I could use some help getting past this. Things I have tried: 1. Tightly twisting the data lines and making sure they are...
  14. Red Cyber Tail

Question Help with driver board

I just tried this without luck. Shorting K5 to K4 didn't work for me. I had to short K5 (Source/Auto) to Ground to change the input. Hopefully, this helps someone else in the future. :)