Recent content by kingderp2

1. kingderp2

Question Help with DS lite rubber conductive pads and continuity

Thanks so much for the info! I'm thinking of trying something like this on the rubber pads before ordering new PCB's. Don't suppose anyone has any experience with something like this/recommendations?
  2. kingderp2

Oof haha. So do you think the issue is with the plating on the PCB if the rubber pads themselves already have a high resistance and can't trigger the continuity beep on my multimeter regardless?
  3. kingderp2

I had them done in HASL (with lead). If that is the issue is there anything I can do to help it other than re-ordering with ENIG?
  4. kingderp2

Hello, so I'm working on my Wii portable which I made a custom PCB for. I was testing everything to see if it worked when I noticed that the rubber conductive pads I have for DS lite face/dpad buttons aren't closing the circuit and triggering a button press. I used my multimeter to check the...
  5. kingderp2

Worklog The Phiinix

Thanks! It's not too bad after watching a few tutorials. Especially if you make something basic like I have that basically just connects a bunch of daughterboards
  6. kingderp2

Worklog The Phiinix

Update 1: Took a little vacation and came back to my PCB's being delivered. Got one fully assembled and will be testing it out here shortly! Also got some white PETG+ from microcenter to print out the case with but I've been having a ton of trouble with it. Box says to print between 230-250...
  7. kingderp2

Question Help choosing mosfet for screen shutoff

Hey everybody. So I want to use a mosfet to turn off my screen using the HPD pin on my HDMI-out port. Been looking into it for a while and still pretty confused on some of the terminology and what exactly I should be searching for on Digikey to find an appropriate mosfet to use. I've drawn up a...
  8. kingderp2

Worklog The Phiinix

I thought about it but that would probably be pretty pricey (even with my cousin at the machining shop). Also I didn't want the parts of the system that you hold with your hands to get hot and uncomfortable.
  9. kingderp2

Worklog The Phiinix

After taking a long hiatus following the failure of the Zoowiimama (RIP) I wanted to come back and actually finish a Wii portable, so from the ashes of the Zoowiimama rises the Phiinix! I contemplated just making an Ashida but I really like the design process so decided against it. I also...
  10. kingderp2

Worklog Zoo-Wii Mama

So after running into some trouble with the controller data line demux I got frustrated and ended up shelving this project for a while. Ended up playing some Elden Ring and also made a portable clone hero guitar with an atomic pi inside in the meantime. Decided to pick up the portable Wii...
  11. kingderp2

Question Continuity Between I2S Audio Lines and Ground

Hey Bitbuilt, I was in the process of wiring up my trimmed Wii. I had video (VGA), USB, GC+, and power all hooked up and working. The Wii was booting fine. Then I tried to wire up digital audio as well as the SDW and SCW lines and my Wii just boots into a black screen now. I can tell it's on...
  12. kingderp2

Question Help with Controller Data Line Demux

The data lines are already tied to 3v3 from the resistor array on the wii board, yeah? I'll have to get another IC as I'm pretty sure I fried mine but I wanna say that I did at least check the voltages on the two output lines and one was giving 3v3 and the other 0v. I can't remember exactly...
  13. kingderp2

So that select line is also used to turn on/off a mosfet that cuts power to the screen, gc+, etc... and does have a 10k pulldown resistor located closer to that mosfet. Should I include another one physically closer to the dataline IC itself? (The green line shows that those two vias are...
  14. kingderp2

Hello, I need a little help with a data line demultiplexer in my Wii. So I've got a dock that goes along with the portable and whenever the system is docked it should switch the player one data line from the internal controls to the controller port held inside the dock. I already had some PCB's...
  15. kingderp2

Question Help with circuit for cutting power to screen when docked

Thank you so much for the reply! I was able to finagle it on the PCB to check this and it looks to be working!