Recent content by Kanelot

1. Kanelot

Solved [GC+] A question regarding double tact

oh my GOD thank you i had em connected to ground o.O
  2. Kanelot

Solved [GC+] A question regarding double tact

Hey!! Today, I finally soldered up my GC+ in an attempt to finish this project today, but to my dismay even though i think I ordered the version of the GC+ with resisters presoldered for the double tact mod, my soft press doesn't seem to be registering at all for either L or R? On my testing...
  3. Kanelot

Solved Any good GC games for LR audio test?

Hi! Title says it all- about to seal up my first portable, but want to make sure I've got my audio wired up correctly! Anyone know of games where I could make sure that my left speaker is getting left channel audio and vice versa? (also to make sure my audio isnt bridged and i'm not getting mono...
  4. Kanelot

New York City summer meetup?

Hi! I thought it would be fascinating to meet some other portabilizing enthusiasts while I'm interning in New York for the summer, considering the amount of spare time I'll have to build, I thought it might be a great way to share some skills and experience! This is open invite, but if people...
  5. Kanelot

Solved Screen board swap??

Thank you so much!!!! I'll give it a shot right now!! And it worked! Really appreciate the help!
  6. Kanelot

Solved Screen board swap??

Hi all, I've got two screens here, unsure if he resolution on one, KNOW the resolution (480) of the other. One has a display controller board on it that's huge and takes in hdmi, vga, composite and many other connections (only using it for composite). I epoxied this screen into the case, but it...
  7. Kanelot

Solved Mounting speakers

Not a great photo (not near the project at the moment), 5 inch screen for scale. They're pretty big!! I'm afraid I'm not sure how I will apply pressure from the back for these speakers, there's not a convenient way to screw these guys into a case, and thing gluing them from the front may be the...
  8. Kanelot

Solved Mounting speakers

Hi all, Unclear if this should be here or in a more general console modding area - wondering about advice for mounting speakers inside a case to prevent buzzing? My speakers are relatively large, and tend to have some pretty intense shaking when hitting against anything. Would anyone recommend...
  9. Kanelot

Solved C stick axis flipped and decreased sensitivity? (Maybe GC+)

Worked like a charm, mariokart is playable! Again, thank you!!
  10. Kanelot

I don't have an SD Gecko, and I would really, really appreciate that. Thank you so much for all of this, this has been a really obscure problem and I don't know how I would have solved this with a normal controller board!
  11. Kanelot

I'm using a WASP fusion using the swiss firmware. Do you think the mariokart issue could be fixed from this update? Also to clarify from before my x and y axis are SWAPPED not inverted, which is why I cannot fix that yet using the firmware, I'll just connect my Y axis wire to the x axis pin on...
  12. Kanelot

Holy shit! That was incredibly useful! I downloaded the gc+ controller config homebrew (for gamecube) onto my SD card running swiss, launched it, and messed with the ranges and sure enough, set the ranges to get my C-stick functioning the way it's meant to (I hope! I still have to switch x and...
  13. Kanelot

Hello all, Today I was wiring up my controls to my new GC+ board and found, to my great surprise, that while everything else works like a charm my C-stick appears to have the X and Y axis flipped, both with very decreased sensitivity. I followed the gamecube joystick pinout for my wiring and...
  14. Kanelot

Discussion Custom GC controller board - interest check

Good to know! Thanks
  15. Kanelot

Discussion Custom GC controller board - interest check

Mine came in today! Excited to test Quick question about the six easy solder holes on the top - are these made to be identical to the holes corresponding to the 6 wires coming out of a 1st party gamecube controller? I see there are solder points for data, 3.3, ground etc, are these holes just...