Xenii's first Wii portable

Xenii

Portables
Xii-Boy
Hello everyone !
After 6 months of research and order and 2 months of tests, 3D printing and assembly, I'm happy to show you my first Wii portable and my first Wii portable design: The Xii-Boy !
20240428_124641.jpg
20240508_174421.jpg
20240508_174201.jpg
20240508_174623.jpg
1715188330824.jpeg
20240508_173357.jpg

The goal was to make a mix between the GBoy Rev 3 and the Wii Boy Color.
The Xii-Boy is also a GBoy "Slim". Here is a comparison between the GBoy and the Xii-Boy

1715185825898.png

After measuring, the Xii-Boy is 10% smaller than the Gboy... So yeah slim but not too much :)

All the case is 3D printing. I took 3 weeks to make my custom case with a lot of inspiration from the Gboy ;)
I'm very happy because I learned a lot of things ! I learned how to solder with solder paste and hot air station, I have upgraded my 3D modeling skills, and so more...

And here are THE FEATURES:
- OMGWTF Wii trim.
- 3.5 inches 240p screen plugged in composite.
- 2.5 hours of battery life with 2x 18650 ( 2x 3450 mAh = 6900 mAh )
- Very clean audio with 2 speakers 8 Ohms / 0.5 W ( bigger than the Gboy ), Jack connector and U-Amp 1
- Custom ABXY buttons disposition ( better in Gamecube games )
- 2 Z buttons (RZ and LZ)
- 2 Triggers (R and L) with 2 levels of detection ( And the triggers are just perfect :) )
- Custom Power and Volume + / - buttons.
- Joycon's joystick and DS lite buttons.
- Micro SD card slot ( perfect for sharing and switching Micro SD card with a friend )
- Smaller and upgraded heat sink ( the fan makes some noise, but not too much )
- Has U-Amp, RVL-PMS and GC+ 2.0 ( Thanks to Gman and Aurelio to have created those :) )

And some DEFAULTS to upgrade with the V2.0:
- Needs custom PCBs
- Needs a better screen plugged in VGA (480p will be perfect)
- Needs a bit higher triggers
- Needs Bluetooth module

Now here are some pictures of the inside:
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg

I didn't have a lot of problems. But here is a little list of each problem I had:
- Short on 1.15 line on the trimmed Wii
- Wii refused to boot ( the problem was from the batteries and the wires )
- Left stick refused to work properly ( but now it's OK )

Thanks a lot to every person who helped me, I'm very very grateful.
Thanks to Benge for inspiring me to make my own, Thanks to Gman and Aurelio for the PCBs, Thanks again to Aurelio to have made RVLoader, and thanks to other person who helped me :)
Actually, I'm working on the V2 with custom PCBs and better screen. After that, the design will be open source !
This is actually the first time I use KiCad to make my PCB. So I may need some help later ;)
I didn't make a worklog for the Xii-Boy V1. But I'll try to make one for the V2 :)

Thanks again, have a good day and see you later :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Portables
working on No.1
Should be called the Xeniiboy Pocket XD