Question wii power management

Yamyi

Hi, I am new to this and have no electric knowledge .I plan to make my first wii portable inide a wii u case (with some frankencasing if needed).
My question is I don't have access to custom PMS , my only way to get parts & equipement is through aliexpress.
Can I modify something like this :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000522783571.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.65612e0eIojy4n
to get all the needed voltages?
If yes any help how?

Check the Bitbuilt store for the Wii PMS system. For purely power the power Mii lite will work but the Wii PMS board has some more features like charge and play.
(For Lucas M.)

Also @Yamyi may I ask why you don't have access to it?

Last edited:

Lucas M.

Check the Bitbuilt store for the Wii PMS system. For purely power the power Mii lite will work but the Wii PMS board has some more features like charge and play.
(For Lucas M.)
Sorry, I'm new here, I don't know what's a power Mii Lite are...Where can I buy one ? Bitbuilt store don't have Power Mii lite for sale...

Sorry, I'm new here, I don't know what's a power Mii Lite are...Where can I buy one ? Bitbuilt store don't have Power Mii lite for sale...
So sorry, they took it off last month. It was an all in one voltage regulation system for $40, so it looks like your best option is the Wii PMS board.

Yamyi

(For Lucas M.)

Also @Yamyi may I ask why you don't have access to it?
oh sorry ,I live in africa right now and i thought thre was no shipping there.
I would still like to know if it is possible to modify the board from aliexpress? (I plan on buying wii pms + GC+ CONTROLLER board when available but would like to learn a little with the cheap board)

oh sorry ,I live in africa right now and i thought thre was no shipping there.
I would still like to know if it is possible to modify the board from aliexpress? (I plan on buying wii pms + GC+ CONTROLLER board when available but would like to learn a little with the cheap board)
Well the AliExpress board says "Generally only adjustable within 1v of input", so as you know you need inputs from 1v to 3.3v. I suppose you could run them all at 3.3v with a 3.7v power supply, then use resistors to deplete the voltage. But you can't do that because it needs 5v input to even work, which contradicts the first thing I said. All in all, buy the Wii PMS board, go the PTH8080 rought or find another cheap board and take your chances on. Also with those cheap boards you're taking a chance on damaging more expensive components.