Wii NAND

Nick

If anyone has a wii NAND chip that they aren't using and would like to send my way I would appreciate it. Broke mine so in the mean time I started working on another board I had laying around to keep me busy, but would like to continue with that board as well if possible.

Nick

Unfortunately not. I was trying to relocate the "backup" one and bent it over to much and of course snapped some of the pins that I needed.. :(
I plan to just wire with magnetic wire to the board if I get another backup, besides power and ground I'll use thicker gauge for that.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
If you don't have a backup of the content of your NAND then using a new NAND chip won't help you

Nick

oh I thought you meant a backup NAND chip, doesn't portablize mii save that to the usb drive/Sd card?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
oh I thought you meant a backup NAND chip, doesn't portablize mii save that to the usb drive/Sd card?
No, portablizemii gets from your nand only a settings file from your system nand so the emunand you will have the same settings (and wiimotes) as your sysnand

Nick

Well that sucks. For future, how do I backup the NAND?

Nick

What specifically in bootmii does it say backup NAND or something similar to that?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Just go to the fourth menu (settings) and then select the first option (the icon with the green arrow from the nand chip to the sd)