Question Wii Mobo

Ewhizz

Hi,
mistakenly bought a 6 layer board wii instead of a 4 layer which i intend to use in a portable, anyone know of any uses for a 6 layer board or is anyone in need of a 6 layer board?
Thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi,
mistakenly bought a 6 layer board wii instead of a 4 layer which i intend to use in a portable, anyone know of any uses for a 6 layer board or is anyone in need of a 6 layer board?
Thanks
Harvesting the U9 and U10 chips would be a good idea if you don't plan to keep or use it.

It is fine to use a 6 layer board. It is actually easier to wire bluetooth to. You will only get a bit less battery life and need a better cooling setup.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I moved these because they do not belong on the BB welcome thread. @Ewhizz, read the rules and follow them. Be smart, don't post in a wrong topic. Go read through everything because 99% of all questions have already been answered otherwise make a new thread for it.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
It is fine to use a 6 layer board. It is actually easier to wire bluetooth to. You will only get a bit less battery life and need a better cooling setup.
I just want to clarify that the difference is more than "just a bit". The difference in power consumption is pretty drastic and you'd be losing a significant amount of battery life. It's one of the many reasons the 4 layer boards are preferred.

Last edited: