Worklog Wii Mini Mobile

So I have decided to build a portable Wii based off the Wii Mini. The plan is to have an untrimmed mini motherboard packed into a portable with what peripherals I can packed into it. I'm planning on designing and 3D printing the case, including the sensor bar in the casing, adding SD card support, and possibly adding gamecube controller support. I thought it appropriate to start documenting the process. I'm going to start with my scrap pile and see what happens, which mostly includes hobby arduino parts, a portable dvd player, and a couple extra odds and ends.

I've started with the simple part: the software mod. I've blue bombe the Wii Mini and set up a 1 TB USB drive with all the fun stuff I want, as well as installed the regular Wii Menu 4.3. Starting next steps, I have disassembled the Wii Mini, identified the test pads needed to add SD and attempted to add an Adafruit microSD breakout I happen to have on hand. I haven't had any luck yet, even after double checking soldering and wiring. I'll upload images when I get a chance.