WII LAPTOP FOR SALE

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
Dude, i don't have alot of tools and supplies. Im very limited in making a product that fits your high standards. I would appreciate it if you stopped putting comments that don't help my product or help me try to make a better one. And no im not fiskers, but i have seen him on modretro and hes the only active user on there at the moment lol
Out of all the jokes previous, mine is the only one you replied to, and since I was the only one to mention Fiskers, and your comment about Fiskers, makes you even more suspect.

I can't help a product that isn't possible to sell. What you are calling high standards, isn't even close to high standards, they are basic standards that with the exception of running on batteries, a commercial company called Intec marketed and sold, and continues to sell for numerous consoles, including the Wii. I actually used to have the Intec screen for the Wii, gave it to a friend when she went to college, and she still has it. In fact, I am relatively certain that Intec also made a battery pack for it to, like the old PSOne battery. And they weren't even expensive or anything.

Asking for anything for that is honestly insanity, and at such a steep price I'm sure I could buy not only the entire setup, but at least 4 or more of everything to build the same setup.

I work a single shit job, pay all the bills, pay the rent, and buy all the food in my house for myself, my wife and our two kids, and still can manage to buy bits and pieces here and there for projects. "Not alot of money" isn't something that's going to make me, or likely anyone else, say that your atrocious eyesore is a great job.

Noone, and I repeat NOONE will buy that thing at anywhere near that price.

I may seem a bit on the agressive side about this, but I'm in one of those blunt moods today.

No matter who you are or what your reasons are, if you post stupid shit you're gonna get called out on it. This is going to be universally true across the entire internet, so the sooner you understand this the better off you'll be.
Absolute truth

Your project is a Wii with a screen screwed on it. The hinge doesn't have any sort of locking or friction mechanism, so you had to put something behind it to hold it at an angle. You didn't even take 10 minutes to integrate the sensor bar in the screen bezel (which by the way looks like is cut with a kitchen knife out of styrofoam).
And you're asking $250 for it...

Okay, i truly appreciate every comment i have gotten and i do get the main message, I do want to keep making Wii laptops and more than anything i do want to get better, So i will post my next one before i sell it and see the feedback but guys..... I gotta sell this one cause i don't have even 5 bucks to start the next one. So please bear with me and let this one from some miracle sell. I respect all of your work. And know that I just started doing this stuff but im not asking for easy mode.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
To start the next one, you have to that one apart and reuse the Wii. You're not getting money for it. Would you buy it?

Okay, i truly appreciate every comment i have gotten and i do get the main message, I do want to keep making Wii laptops and more than anything i do want to get better, So i will post my next one before i sell it and see the feedback but guys..... I gotta sell this one cause i don't have even 5 bucks to start the next one. So please bear with me and let this one from some miracle sell. I respect all of your work. And know that I just started doing this stuff but im not asking for easy mode.
Hope the next one goes well dude, take your time ask question it seems like you rushed on this one or didn't put any effort

I think you're still missing the point. Although it's great that you tried to make a portable wii, the fact is that you came short of that. Your finished product isn't fit to sell to anyone. Even if by some chance someone bought this, you shouldn't sell it to them. It's just not right man. Haha. If you don't have money to make another one, save up until you do and make something that will have value for someone. Read through all these forums and you will learn a lot. Try-try-try again!

Last edited:
I agree with everyone here. Listen, this is not a good project to sell at that price. This is basically just a screen on a wii, and the screen exterior looks bad, like really bad. It is unpleasant to look at, and since that is the only actual thing you did, no one is going to buy it!. Listen, take the components apart and re-use them, you wont make any money out of this. Try making a custom case for the wii and the screen. Sand it A LOT. Make sure the paint looks good. And most importantly, put some batteries on it. Only then will you be able to sell it.
A good point of reference is shockslayers ZN-Wii 2.0. Three years old now, but still cool, people would buy that. Even if the inside is a mess, try making the outside look good, and you can guarantee at least some interest. Some extra funcions like power level indicator, plug and play or some other stuff is what makes a build go from "a wii laptop" to "An AMAZING product, Wii Laptop!" Little things like that help
TLDR, reuse components, start again, make the case look good, little details help a lot
Also, try portabilize mii, you wont regret it

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
No, you don't seem to get it. Selling this "laptop" isn't going to happen.

Like everyone is telling you, use this Wii as a component in making an actual Wii laptop or handheld. It doesn't take as much effort as you think to make something functional, and decent, but you just need time to put the effort in.

Don't try to sell anything at this point. Start a worklog to show what you are doing, as you do it, so you can get feedback on your project prior to it's completion, so you can have as little issue as possible.

This thing selling isn't even something we can have anything to do with. Noone on these forums will buy it, unless you sell the whole thing for around 20$ shipped. And noone looking for a Wii laptop, or portable Wii on eBay is going to buy it compared to what they have seen in the past.

4688314.jpg

To start the next one, you have to that one apart and reuse the Wii. You're not getting money for it. Would you buy it?
86f8b94aa7b758ef820facfb3b5e73854ac9ba30f7177c910dacf3f5c0148519.jpg

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Portablizing should be an hobby (a quite expensive one), not a business. Some of us were able to turn it into a business, but that requires dedication and experience. Don't make portables to sell them, but do them for yourself and eventually you'll earn enough experience to make a portable so good that anyone interested in buying a portable would want to buy it from you