Question wii clipping stuck in boot

Desperate help please, I was stupid to do what I did because after having everything ready to install my cut Wii I wanted to install a cios for usb loader GC and when doing so it already froze when I left the Chanel man, restart and it goes to boot , I want to enter safe mode but it doesn't either, extremely stupid, I know, any ideas? Or discard and start from scratch?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you did a bad CIOS install on a trimmed Wii and can't boot to priiloader by holding the reset button, it's likely unrecoverable. Why were you installing CIOS anyway? RVLoader installs everything it needs for you, you don't need to install anything else.

If you did a bad CIOS install on a trimmed Wii and can't boot to priiloader by holding the reset button, it's likely unrecoverable. Why were you installing CIOS anyway? RVLoader installs everything it needs for you, you don't need to install anything else.
because I'm brainless and I want to install the loader-gx usb channel to have a better graphical interface with Wii games, I already had everything at 100/100 and I even had an esp32 for gamecube bluetooth controllers, MX chip, well like that If someone wants to do something similar so they know it's a bad idea and makes the project useless, I'll have to find another cheap Wii through Wallapop

Another crazy idea occurred to me but the fact is that it worked!!! Wi-Fi card and it worked, it came back to life, run the secure boot and I want to install the patches again but it does not want to install, with wad manager I installed the rvloader.wad and now it asks me if I want to install it every time I start, it will I say yes but it gets blocked, I say no and then rvloader 1.1 runs but it doesn't let me install again from settings either

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I can't help with that, I know almost nothing about CIOS. What I can tell you is that USB Loader GX is bad and will never be supported by the Hiidra/RVLoader project, Aurelio has made that clear. USBLGX has too many dependencies, and for the sake of "looks" it just isn't worth the development time.

Have you trimmed the Wii yet? You mentioned reconnecting the wifi card so I'm guessing it's still in one piece

I can't help with that, I know almost nothing about CIOS. What I can tell you is that USB Loader GX is bad and will never be supported by the Hiidra/RVLoader project, Aurelio has made that clear. USBLGX has too many dependencies, and for the sake of "looks" it just isn't worth the development time.

Have you trimmed the Wii yet? You mentioned reconnecting the wifi card so I'm guessing it's still in one piece
unfortunately if it is clipped, connect the wifi as a last resort, it worked but but there are conflicts in the nand the problem is that when I want to reinstall rvloader it stays in the phrase initializing Fat and does not install, but I do not see the usb give signs of reading on your led

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
unfortunately if it is clipped, connect the wifi as a last resort, it worked but but there are conflicts in the nand the problem is that when I want to reinstall rvloader it stays in the phrase initializing Fat and does not install, but I do not see the usb give signs of reading on your led
If the Wii is trimmed, then the chances of saving it are pretty slim. Manually installing the wads included with the RVLoader installer can sometimes bring back bad CIOS jobs, but you said before that you tried installing them manually and were unable to reinstall RVLoader so I'm not sure what else to suggest. I could build you a new NAND image to flash to the board to clean it of the CIOS so you can then reinstall RVLoader, but to do that you'll need the BT module and SD card slot relocated as well, and flashing the trim will erase all saved data on the Wii.

If the Wii is trimmed, then the chances of saving it are pretty slim. Manually installing the wads included with the RVLoader installer can sometimes bring back bad CIOS jobs, but you said before that you tried installing them manually and were unable to reinstall RVLoader so I'm not sure what else to suggest. I could build you a new NAND image to flash to the board to clean it of the CIOS so you can then reinstall RVLoader, but to do that you'll need the BT module and SD card slot relocated as well, and flashing the trim will erase all saved data on the Wii.
Well, if it's too much trouble for you, we could try it because that way it's actually useless, I already have relocated the bluetooth, the only thing missing is the card, I could install it too and we could try it, thanks and best regards

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
What you need to do is to get into bootmii and make a full NAND backup to the SD card, you can't do it via USB. Upload the full nand.bin and keys.bin files to google drive or mega.nz or something and send me a link to the files in a DM. I'll use them to build a clean image and DM you back a link to it. Then you can use bootmii to flash that clean NAND image to the Wii, and pray that the system boots when it's complete

What you need to do is to get into bootmii and make a full NAND backup to the SD card, you can't do it via USB. Upload the full nand.bin and keys.bin files to google drive or mega.nz or something and send me a link to the files in a DM. I'll use them to build a clean image and DM you back a link to it. Then you can use bootmii to flash that clean NAND image to the Wii, and pray that the system boots when it's complete
hello again, I definitely did not find the way to run bootmii in the clipping, it was frozen or from the beginning it said that cios 254 was missing but I could not install it either because wad manager gave me an error when trying any wad, so after having the reader installed I I decided to format the Wii and try to start from scratch, unbelievably for me it turned on in normal mode and recognizes the card and I can run letterbom but it freezes and does not come out to press button 1 to continue, I think it is left to save in a box as a memory and start with another

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You sometimes have to wait around a full minute before you can press 1 to advance the installer. How long did you wait for it?

You sometimes have to wait around a full minute before you can press 1 to advance the installer. How long did you wait for it?
I tried leaving it for up to 5 minutes, it's as if it was paralyzed there, I tried different cards, different micro sd adapters, also different fat formats, and even with different cluster configurations in case it was that, the wifi card detects it but I can't connect to the internet so I can't try the Str2h@ck method I only have the letterbom left

Hello again, in this case, I am proud to announce that I am persistent in looking for problems and I found the bluebomb method on the web to charge the Chanel hombrew and it worked for me but only halfway because when I loaded the usb for hackmii it did not detect it and I couldn't charge it, but it occurred to me to connect the USB at a precise moment that I didn't need because I detected that it was reading it but when connecting it, it didn't when the installation process required it and that's how it worked!!! When I connected the USB when I needed it, it loaded and I was able to press 1 to load the payload, it came back to life

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello again, in this case, I am proud to announce that I am persistent in looking for problems and I found the bluebomb method on the web to charge the Chanel hombrew and it worked for me but only halfway because when I loaded the usb for hackmii it did not detect it and I couldn't charge it, but it occurred to me to connect the USB at a precise moment that I didn't need because I detected that it was reading it but when connecting it, it didn't when the installation process required it and that's how it worked!!! When I connected the USB when I needed it, it loaded and I was able to press 1 to load the payload, it came back to life
Glad to hear it! I'll remember that trick for future troubleshooting