Question Where can I get a Ps2-PMS? or alternative ways to power Ps2.

Portables
I have started a ps2 portable project, but I can't find a very good way to power it. As far as I know, its impossible to get the Ps2-PMS. If any one knows where I can get a Ps2_PMS or the schematics, that would be great. If not, I would like to know alternative ways of powering Ps2 portables. (I have the ps2 slim model SCPH-79001)

Portables
Hey mate,

Just doing a little bit of forward planning, and I have opened the digikey link you provided for the power regulator board, but it only comes up with two different parts, is this correct?

Cheers,
When I first opened the link it brought up a list of 2 things, but if you press submit it will bring you to the real list. I have all the stuff now I just need you put it together.

No there’s 15 items I opened that same link I provided.

https://www.digikey.com/short/h5m42nj7
I have also noticed that I think the region was messing with it also. When I opened the link it took me to the AUS landing page which only had the two items.
Reopened it through the US page and it’s working perfectly.
Have placed my order now I need to find a decent PCB board maker down under.

Sorry for the confusion.

Portables
I have also noticed that I think the region was messing with it also. When I opened the link it took me to the AUS landing page which only had the two items.
Reopened it through the US page and it’s working perfectly.
Have placed my order now I need to find a decent PCB board maker down under.

Sorry for the confusion.
No worries I’m here to help

Portables
This feels like the wrong place to ask this, but I don't want to make a new thread for no reason. Does anyone know why the ps2-PMS is not for sale anymore, and not just open source? (Not that I think it needs to be open source, I didn't make it, and I don't deserve to use it just because I want to)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
This feels like the wrong place to ask this, but I don't want to make a new thread for no reason. Does anyone know why the ps2-PMS is not for sale anymore, and not just open source? (Not that I think it needs to be open source, I didn't make it, and I don't deserve to use it just because I want to)
I don't know why the PS2 version never got its own git, but it was just a tweaked version of the old RVL-PMS. You can download the project files for the open source version of the RVL-PMS and tweak the design to replicate the PS2 version by changing the RSET resistors for a couple of the regs and changing the rest to linear regs as recommended in the PS2 Trimming Guide. You'll need KiCad to open the files.

Portables
I don't know why the PS2 version never got its own git, but it was just a tweaked version of the old RVL-PMS. You can download the project files for the open source version of the RVL-PMS and tweak the design to replicate the PS2 version by changing the RSET resistors for a couple of the regs and changing the rest to linear regs as recommended in the PS2 Trimming Guide. You'll need KiCad to open the files.
okay, thanks for the information, I never knew they were so similar. I don't think I have enough experience in electronics to be able to do that yet, but maybe someday I will, or someone else will do it on the forums. I might take a look at the board some time and try to figure it out, but for now I will just use the "CUSTOMLEDMODS Power PS2" board. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Making a PS2 portable is on my list for 2024. I'll modify the old PMS and put the files up when/if I get around to making it if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
I’ve been waiting for years for someone to do this
I literally log into bitbuilt once every 6 months or so to see if someone has come up with a good power solution for a ps2. I’ve tried a few times to figure it out, but can never get anywhere.