Question What else do I need for my portable

I currently have: the switch joysticks, the GC+, the DS buttons, the screen and the screen board, the DS button membranes, button contacts, the cooling kit, the GC pressure contacts, the Switch contact pcbs, a sound amp, The Usb-c/Usb PD pcb, and the power delivery system. I still have other things to get, but it has been a long time since I started this, and I can't remember exactly what else I need?

Viilmo

Portables
This is mainly for the GWii but many of the items are useful (Made by @CalebPikmin). I myself didn't make a portable yet but im preparing to make one. (sorry for bad English I'm German)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks, I already knew I need most of this, but having a guide is really useful.

Thanks, i dont think I will get a on/off switch, rather wire one with some tactile switches.

What is the difference between the original Rvl pms, the Gc+, the USB-C PD, and the second edition of them?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
What is the difference between the original Rvl pms, the Gc+, the USB-C PD, and the second edition of them?
The new ones have a couple of additional features, are smaller, can be easily footprinted into custom PCBs via their castellated pads, have to scale 3D models available for case design planning, and most importantly, are available for purchase today! They're just all 'round improved, more compact versions of the originals with more information available to the end user.

Thanks! As I said I still have the originals, would there be any reason to get the new ones?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks! As I said I still have the originals, would there be any reason to get the new ones?
Nah. Unless you REALLY want the PMS onscreen battery level and U-Amp volume controls, there's no need.

I don't really care about the onscreen battery level, but what are the U-amp controls?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I don't really care about the onscreen battery level, but what are the U-amp controls?
The U-Amp2 has an optional function where the volume can be raised or lowered via GC controller button combinations, rather than needing separate buttons for volume adjustment like the original. The U-Amp2 also allows use of an analog volume wheel, if that's your style.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! I
personally prefer to have the volume buttons on the side, so I'll stick with that.