Discussion Video Game Art

i've had an art thread before on a previous forum, but my carelessness made it difficult. to make this simple im going to make it solely on video games.

first post, im going to be working with Charcoal pencils, im going to be drawing a pig shot that @ShockSlayer has sent me. its something i've been meaning to do for a while, so to make it impossible to miss im posting it here. p.s. wasn't sure where to post this, hopefully this is fine.
heres the image im working off, it was in color, but i dropped the saturation and bumped up the resolution. with PS - Macbook
haven't thought of what paper or size to work with, ill worry about that when i get around to getting the pencils that i need. (i also do portrait studies and other stuff along the lines so if you're interested in that stuff drop a comment and ill share a link; if requested, i can do anyones portrait too, for free unless desired to have in which case ill more than likely charge for shipping and maybe a couple dollar fee)
prettypig2.jpg

WIP: digital painting practice 1 (lineart is not mine) doing some practices while i still gather materials, didnt like the charcoal much for grey values so ill be likely trying out a mix between graphite and charcoal.
Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 2.10.06 AM.png
as far as this painting goes, debating on redoing the background and changing the light source which in the end will change the painting itself.