Solved USB Loader GX no longer recognizing flashdrive

kjc35

I just fried my board that came with a CPU-40 Wii but I have another daughter board that's from a CPU-01 and works fine. They look completely different but have the same connections so I needed to know if I could freely swap them with no issues...
Thanks!

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Yes you can swap them, but why do you need to? PortablizeMii removes the need for the disc drive daughterboard...

kjc35

Great, good to know.

The Wii is inside of a custom laptop case so space isn't an issue and I prefer the look of USB Loader GX over PortablizeMii, however I'm not too experienced with it so I have no idea what the customization options are.

kjc35

Yeah I'm counting on it, the progress so far is already incredible!

kjc35

Well it looks like I may have to go the PortablizeMii route. USB Loader GX just does not want to recognize my flash drive. It's formatted FAT32, tried both ports, and tried different drives as well. Any solutions?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Well it looks like I may have to go the PortablizeMii route. USB Loader GX just does not want to recognize my flash drive. It's formatted FAT32, tried both ports, and tried different drives as well. Any solutions?
Have you gone into the USBloaderGX settings and made sure it's looking in the right folder?

kjc35

Have you gone into the USBloaderGX settings and made sure it's looking in the right folder?
Yeah, the drive is just straight up not showing up. Nintendont doesn't see it either but I know that the drive itself is recieving power from the USB port. Tried both Port 0 and 1 but nothing...

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah, the drive is just straight up not showing up. Nintendont doesn't see it either but I know that the drive itself is recieving power from the USB port. Tried both Port 0 and 1 but nothing...
That is the extent of my troubleshooting ability. The only other thing I can suggest is to reformat the drive Fat32 with 32k clusters and hope that Lord Gaben smiles upon thee and uses his steamy magic to resolve the problem. (Also you could have a look at the USB ports themselves and check/clean them)

kjc35

That is the extent of my troubleshooting ability. The only other thing I can suggest is to reformat the drive Fat32 with 32k clusters and hope that Lord Gaben smiles upon thee and uses his steamy magic to resolve the problem. (Also you could have a look at the USB ports themselves and check/clean them)
I'll keep trying, I know that the drive is formatted just like you said and I know that it worked about two days ago until I disconnected it and reconnected it. Thanks for your help anyways!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'll keep trying, I know that the drive is formatted just like you said and I know that it worked about two days ago until I disconnected it and reconnected it. Thanks for your help anyways!
One of mine did that, it's weird.