Discussion Trim designs

Hi y’all!

I was messing around with the Compendium and I decided to try and mark out my own trim markings. mainly because I wanted to keep the 4 screw holes but want to challenge myself with the trimming and relocation of LMAO and OMEGA trims. All the trims are octagons (even if I had to stretch a little for the omega) because they are the bestagons and should all be made up of 135° angles. In my compendium I have them named THOMGWTF, THOMAO, and THOMEGA so that is what I will be referring to them as.

THOMGWTF:
- Does not deviate from original much
- removes USB and AVE Vias so trace or capacitor soldering needed.
THOMGWTF TOP.pngTHOMGWTF BOTTOM.png

THOMAO:
- Same trim as above except nand, C4, C5, C131, and c135 need relocation.
THOMAO TOP.pngTHOMAO BOTTOM.png

THOMEGA:
- Same as above with added AVE (and appropriate smd components), C17, C189 relocation.
THOMEGA TOP.pngTHOMEGA BOTTOM.png

Things I am still figuring out:
- WIFI wiring when cutting off the resistor array
- I am trying to keep R71, R191, and R19 traces intact when trimming.

I am trying to learn this from my own research so if you see something out of place, please let me know!

Thanks for reading!
THOM

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The OMGWTF lines are right on the NAND traces. Little bit risky, but otherwise seems fine

The OMGWTF lines are right on the NAND traces. Little bit risky, but otherwise seems fine
Yeah, in practice I’m planning on cutting farther away sanding in with a belt sander and then finish by hand. I’m also really close to the resistor traces on the omega and I know the nand relocation relocates one but I kinda want to try having full functionality of the ROM too