Worklog Strike Wiitches (Wii portable)

Portables
Made: 0 Own: 1
Hi everyone,
I'm finally starting my first worklog! :blush:
I wanted to do this type of project since around 2006 but I was still in high school and didn't have a lot of extra money at the time.
I chose the name "Strike Wiitches" because my favorite show/anime is Strike Witches.
I have plenty of training in electronics; but I am more than a little rusty. (Edit: I am no longer rusty)
Parts so far:
  • (3) Wii 4-layer motherboards (about to be) trimmed to omgwtf
  • Dremel 100 series
  • White DS lite abxy and dpad with rubber membranes
  • Azure Blue G-Boy kit (I am not sure if it is for this or not yet)
  • (2) 18650 batteries
  • Ts80 Soldering iron
  • Sandpaper 220, 400, 800
  • Masking tape
  • Safety glasses
  • and more
Tools to get:
1tb micro sdxc card
I'm looking forward to this! W^_^W

Last edited:
Hey, nice to see you here, working for your dream :D;)
I can tell that you already read much through the threads. If you have questions, feel free to ask them here, we will do our best to answer them. (Most likely not me, cause I don't know sh*t xD. But the community is great here)
Have fun while building your Strike Wiitches and keep us updated with some pictures ;)

Portables
Thanks! ^_^
Yes; I have been a lurker since the ben heck website days (like 2006 or so). But alas I was super shy back then; so I wasn't active in those communities. :'(
I'll be sure to ask around if I need info on something that I can't figure out on my own. ;) (Nice job on your Wii portable btw it's so slim)
I'm sure it will be a blast. I'll have to bust out my Dad's professional camera! :)
P.S. I've been thinking about the case and am considering an Atari lynx II case (In the vein of @Akira and @Stitches)
It's not a final decision though...

Portables
Hello everyone; I have a quick question. While relocating the u10 to the u5 position I realized I don't remember what gauge wire would fit through the via. I haven't seen anybody mention what size the wire is in the tutorials either as it doesn't look like the 34AWG magnet wire (too thin?) or the regular old wire I have lying around (too big). Is it supposed to be a magnet wire for the 3.3v to the relocated u10?
Sorry if it's a weird question it's been bugging me.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Yes it's magnet wire, it just looks a little weird when you're so close to it. It's probably 32awg, but 34 should work just fine.