Soldering Practice

Hello all, I'm new to the world of console portabilizing and work with electronics in general. My goal is to eventually build one of the open-source Wii portables on this site (possibly G-Wii or Ashida) but I know I'm nowhere near ready to tackle that. In the meantime, I've been reading worklogs and viewing the videos on "Electronics 101" as research. Practically, though, I've never picked up a soldering iron which I know is an essential tool in console modding. I personally do not own a soldering iron, but I am lucky enough to live in a city where my library has a Maker Space with two Weller 1010 soldering iron stations. They are free of charge to use, so I'm wanting to get some practice after having watched the soldering videos. That being said, do any of you have any suggestions for basic soldering project kits that I could use/purchase to begin learning how to solder hands-on?

from what limited knowledge I know everyone says to get the cheap kits on Amazon they should run you around 7 to 15 dollars from what I’ve seen. This is a Kit I’m trying to pick up if That helps you out!