Question Screen issues

ok guys my screen in my portable I JUST barely finished is now doing something weird. I'm really hoping I can just change the settings on the screen or something so I don't have to disassemble it. I really don't know much about screens or video signals so I have no idea what the problem could be.

The problem the screen is having(which started last night (While playing some double dash) is a weird shade of green. It's mostly surrounding the images on screen.. everything is still visible and it's technically playable but it obviously looks terrible. It comes and goes but seems to last longer when it comes back on. I'm using the 5" hdmi screen from the BOM. The manufacturer said it could run on anything from 5-12v. I have it running on 5v. It's using composite video. I appreciate any help! Thanks

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
ok guys my screen in my portable I JUST barely finished is now doing something weird. I'm really hoping I can just change the settings on the screen or something so I don't have to disassemble it. I really don't know much about screens or video signals so I have no idea what the problem could be.

The problem the screen is having(which started last night (While playing some double dash) is a weird shade of green. It's mostly surrounding the images on screen.. everything is still visible and it's technically playable but it obviously looks terrible. It comes and goes but seems to last longer when it comes back on. I'm using the 5" hdmi screen from the BOM. The manufacturer said it could run on anything from 5-12v. I have it running on 5v. It's using composite video. I appreciate any help! Thanks
I doubt you can fix it by changing some settings. You probably have to open it up and try to power it with an higher voltage

I doubt you can fix it by changing some settings. You probably have to open it up and try to power it with an higher voltage
That's what I was afraid of. :/ my system is run on 5..

Has anyone else had trouble running this screen on 5v?

Edit: @Aurelio do you think it is a voltage issue? Would I be able to use some sort of a step up regulator?

Double Edit: I guess that's my only option if that's causing the problem. I'm thinking something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132223587060

Also, I noticed that the screen menus don't have this problem, Just the image.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That's what I was afraid of. :/ my system is run on 5..

Has anyone else had trouble running this screen on 5v?

Edit: @Aurelio do you think it is a voltage issue? Would I be able to use some sort of a step up regulator?

Double Edit: I guess that's my only option if that's causing the problem. I'm thinking something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/132223587060

Also, I noticed that the screen menus don't have this problem, Just the image.
Did you use shielded wires for the composite video line?