Question Sanding advice and other things

Pepano

So I commisioned Ginger for a case of the louii. And I have to sand the case to add spraypaint. The thing is I´ve never done this before so im a bit confused. What would i need to sand and how would I know I did it right. Also behind the screen when I was looking at internals, There was something behind the screen. What is that and where could I find it.

You need to sand the case until you like how it looks. But, you should should keep sanding until its completely smooth if you want it to look nice. As for the "thing behind the screen," it's another 3d printed part that you need to keep the screen, speakers and Z button in place.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
If you feel like sanding the case, the best way to do it is wetsanding with increasing grit. Start with like 400 grit to remove large imperfections (but don't use this for too long as you might start removing a lot of plastic). Then gradually increase the grit in increments of 200 or so until you reach around 1000. It should be extremely smooth at that point. Wetsanding as opposed to drysanding makes a difference too since with drysanding particles will be left behind as you sand them into the case causing scratching.

In my experience it also helps to sand, apply a filler primer, and resand to get a really nice finish.

Pepano

You need to sand the case until you like how it looks. But, you should should keep sanding until its completely smooth if you want it to look nice. As for the "thing behind the screen," it's another 3d printed part that you need to keep the screen, speakers and Z button in place.
I meant the thing that connects to the lcd