RVLoader v1.6

Your Wii has a 6-layer motherboard. I've also had some issues with RVLoader running on USB drives on my 6 layer Wii. Unfortunately I haven't done any formal testing, but the few drives I've tested have lined up with the page named "USB Devices Compatibility List" on the site wiki.gbatemp.net. I currently have a 64GB USB 2.0 SanDisk Cruzer Fit (SDCZ33-064G-G35) in my 6-layer Wii with RVLoader. It's fairly stable as long as you don't do a lot of write like ripping a disk. The 32GB Cruzer Fit should also run fine. If you need to be able to rip disks, I've gotten the 16GB SanDisk Cruzer Switch to rip files, but can't find anywhere you could buy one. If you need to discuss further, it might be better to create a new thread, please.
I actually have a SanDisk Cruzer Fit i'll check if it works thanks.

Well I was able to boot up vc games but i still cant open wii games. Maybe the file structure is wrong because i didnt understand the structure in github.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Well I was able to boot up vc games but i still cant open wii games. Maybe the file structure is wrong because i didnt understand the structure in github.
Just chuck your wbfs files in the wbfs folder on your USB drive and RVLoader should be able to see them

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is that the only Wii game you've tested?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Unfortunate. There are a small handful of games that RVLoader just doesn't like, guess we can add Punch Out to the list

Viilmo

Portables
Unfortunate. There are a small handful of games that RVLoader just doesn't like, guess we can add Punch Out to the list
You can get Bomberman Wii on that list too, game boots up perfectly but has a black screen

Viilmo

Portables
What do you mean by "boots up perfectly" if it then has a black screen?
The game boots up and I can hear it and can hear the navigation of the menu, but has a black screen so I don't see anything

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
The game boots up and I can hear it and can hear the navigation of the menu, but has a black screen so I don't see anything
Is it on VGA? The game might be interlaced only and your screen could be incompatible with the resolution

Viilmo

Portables
Is it on VGA? The game might be interlaced only and your screen could be incompatible with the resolution
Wouldn't it say "No sync" then like when going to the Wii Menu

Portables
I just tried running both Punch Out (PAL) and Bomberman Land Wii (PAL) and they both ran fine over composite video, on my RVK-CPU-01, on RVLoader 1.6.

Last edited: