RVLoader v2.0

Hi there! Even though it's a bit late to say how happy I am to have discovered and be able to use RVLoader on my Nintendo Wii. The console used to just sit on my shelf because I didn't enjoy using the Wii Remote or Nunchuck. Finally, I can have fun playing games like Mario Galaxy and others. I still have difficulty with some of the controller configurations, but I'm getting used to them gradually.

- Is there an official list of game compatibility for those that are working, as well as those that have some issues?

Last edited:
Quick question. Can I use this patch to enable VGA for Wii games through USB Loader GX or Riivolution? Or must I load Wii games through RVLoader to force VGA output? If so does RVLoader support WiFi / online play?

Viilmo

Portables
Quick question. Can I use this patch to enable VGA for Wii games through USB Loader GX or Riivolution? Or must I load Wii games through RVLoader to force VGA output? If so does RVLoader support WiFi / online play?
You can use Usb-Loader GX with VGA if you launch it through RVLoader

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can also choose to not install the noWifi patch, which may allow Wiimmfi patched games to work. I'm not certain how reliable it is, though

Viilmo

Portables
You can also choose to not install the noWifi patch, which may allow Wiimmfi patched games to work. I'm not certain how reliable it is, though
It works for most games but not mkwii, because it uses another way to patch the game

MJMT

Portables
I don't know if anyone can help me with my current woes. I currently have this error code on my project. I've had stuff like this end several of my trims before. The furthest I've been able to get without it crashing is about 4 seconds into a game. It started happening after booting Metroid Prime which immediately started to populate a different error code. I've tried reinstalling RVloader and using different SD cards and adapters. Even if I go into the wii menu it goes to a black screen after a while. Got my Wii remote to sync before the crash, though.
Error Code.jpg

It won't work
Okay. Thank You.
So this VGA mod isn't like the Xbox VGA BIOS. \
The Xbox VGA BIOS patch forces 480p for all content (and also enabled SoG and HV).
I'll stick with the GBS Control to convert 480p component video to VGA.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Okay. Thank You.
So this VGA mod isn't like the Xbox VGA BIOS. \
The Xbox VGA BIOS patch forces 480p for all content (and also enabled SoG and HV).
I'll stick with the GBS Control to convert 480p component video to VGA.
Yeah, the VGA patch isn't applied universally to all Wii functions. It's designed for portablisation via RVLoader and that's pretty much it

No funcionará
[/CITA]
Is it possible to enable VGA mode to launch any Brew from Priiloader in VGA mode? I see that it starts with a command pattern i2c to the video IC. Is there a way to lock this setting from changing. I would like to be able to launch other loaders with native vga.

For some reason, RVLoader is ignoring my saved game configs and not loading my Wii games.

For context, I have an uncut, Rev 04 Wii that I recently acquired. I managed to install RVLoader without any issues. I have not loaded any GC games on my USB stick yet, but I do plan to in the near future.

Hi, i have a problem latter to install RVLoader, i can´t start the game, my WiiMote dont connect when opening the game
Having the same issue as Claux. When using a Wiimote and I select a Wii game using "A", the game does not load, my remote shuts off, and I can no longer connect Wiimotes to the console. Before selecting a game, the Wiimote works normally, I can use it to navigate the menus without any issues.

The games I have tried are Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga and Twilight Princess.

Press 1 when hovering over the game and enable bluetooth
Sounds like an open-shut case of enabling bluetooth for the game. However, I have tried running the game with BT enabled, disabled, and even toggled it (saving config between each change) but still unable to run the game. I even enabled the WiFi setting just in case with no luck. I'm tempted to try a re-install, but this is a fresh installation so I wouldn't expect that to be the issue.

EDIT: Wii game titles that I have attempted to load.
EDIT: After some lurking, found that HB is designed to flip upside down, did not know that. Removed a comment about that in my post.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
For some reason, RVLoader is ignoring my saved game configs and not loading my Wii games.

For context, I have an uncut, Rev 04 Wii that I recently acquired. I managed to install RVLoader without any issues. I have not loaded any GC games on my USB stick yet, but I do plan to in the near future.

Having the same issue as Claux. When using a Wiimote and I select a Wii game using "A", the game does not load, my remote shuts off, and I can no longer connect Wiimotes to the console. Before selecting a game, the Wiimote works normally, I can use it to navigate the menus without any issues.

The games I have tried are Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga and Twilight Princess.

Sounds like an open-shut case of enabling bluetooth for the game. However, I have tried running the game with BT enabled, disabled, and even toggled it (saving config between each change) but still unable to run the game. I even enabled the WiFi setting just in case with no luck. I'm tempted to try a re-install, but this is a fresh installation so I wouldn't expect that to be the issue.

EDIT: Wii game titles that I have attempted to load.
EDIT: After some lurking, found that HB is designed to flip upside down, did not know that. Removed a comment about that in my post.
What USB drive are you using?

8n87

Is it possible to install this without it replacing the wii menu

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Is it possible to install this without it replacing the wii menu
Yes, go into Priiloader after installing RVLoader and change the default boot setting from saved file to system menu. RVLoader can then be launched from the Homebrew Channel like any other loader, but due to the IOS patches needed for RVLoader, your Homebrew Channel will be upside down. This is cosmetic only and does not affect function

What USB drive are you using?
This is embarrassing, but I'm using an Onn 32 GB 3.0 USB. Theoretically, it should support up to USB 3.0 speeds, but that is dependent on the components in the drive. It can load GC games in Nintendont though. Do GC games have a slower read speed than Wii games?

I did order the last Kingston microSD to USB adapter on Amazon last night so if the issue is from the USB drive I'm using, it should be rectified soon.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
This is embarrassing, but I'm using an Onn 32 GB 3.0 USB. Theoretically, it should support up to USB 3.0 speeds, but that is dependent on the components in the drive. It can load GC games in Nintendont though. Do GC games have a slower read speed than Wii games?

I did order the last Kingston microSD to USB adapter on Amazon last night so if the issue is from the USB drive I'm using, it should be rectified soon.
Speed isn't the only limiting factor. Hiidra's USB compatibility can still be a hit or miss

I guess this is the place to report MicroSD card readers that are not compatible. From the past 2 hours of troubleshooting, I can confidently say that the official predecessor for the Kingston fcr-mrg2 is not compatible with the Wii's USB reader. It's model is listed below in full. It has issues being detected and will disappear from the Wii. It works fine when using it on a Windows system, so the component I got is not defective, it just isn't compatible. Plus it is on the thicker side so it isn't optimal for a portable anyways.

Kingston MobileLite Plus USB 3.2 microSDHC/SDXC UHS-II Card Reader (MLPM)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
so is it better to have a large SD Card or a Large USB for file storage ? @Aurelio
I'm not sure I follow. If you are talking about an SD to put in the front-loading slot, note that that's only needed for installing letterbomb. If instead you are asking what's better between a big microSD with an sd to usb adapter or an usb flashdrive, then there's no definitive answer and it's totally up to you (assuming they are compatible with RVLoader)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
so is it better to have a large SD Card or a Large USB for file storage ? @Aurelio
To expand on what Aurelio said, we used to favour the Kingston microSD to USB adapters because they were short and flat. They were ideal for use with the PMS-PD, had great RVLoader compatibility, they were cheap, and were readily available (not anymore sadly). There was no functional advantage to using them over other USB drives that fit the PMS-PD, they were just very convenient