Question RVL-PMS2 not working

Hey! I think I might have fried something on my pms board. Is there any chance I could fix it. after doing some rewiring, when I plugged in my battery some sparks flew off the end of it. Now when I put the battery back, there was no sparks but the board started to heat up and draws different voltages than its supposed to. I had fan spin and the display working yesterday but now none of it works. I included a picture to show what I'm dealing with.

Attachments

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
if sparks were flying off the board something you wired couldve been shorted. Check to make sure there are no shorts. Most likely there could be a damaged component on the pms now.

if sparks were flying off the board something you wired couldve been shorted. Check to make sure there are no shorts. Most likely there could be a damaged component on the pms now.
The sparks came off the battery terminal when I hooked it up,not the board itself. I throughly inspected the board though after it happened and couldn't find anything that stood out to me as broken or shorted. I have a suspicion that when I connected the battery, the power button was pressed somehow and that's how things got broke, but idk.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The power button being pressed wouldnt cause any disaster. I'm not sure what to say. You're going to have to do some debugging to be certain.

The power button being pressed wouldnt cause any disaster. I'm not sure what to say. You're going to have to do some debugging to be certain.
ok, I'll do something poking around on it. Thanks for your help!