Question rvl pms 2 help

I recently bought a rvl pms 2 from 4layer but because im an idiot, i already messed up heres a picture.
20210526_183156.jpg

it looks like the r17 resistor is blown and the board is heating up around that area alot.

so my question is can I replace the r17 resistor with a new one? and if so where can i buy it?

thanks!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
From the pictures you sent in the discord it looked like there was solder over many of the components. Can't diagnose it down to that one resistor, its possible there is other damage. Could you give some more context into what you were doing and how this happened.

so this is basically what happened, I was testing voltages on the wii with the pms and everything was working perfectly, so i went to disconnect the 18650 battery i was using. I de soldered the negative wire and the wire hit something around the resistor (not sure what it was) and a little spark went off, i quickly took the wire off the board after that. im almost certain that the solder on the components were there before hand, thats why i think its the resistor i messed up.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member

You can measure the resistance of the resistor to see if it is blown or not. I think there could be other damage as well