Question Removed LD0 how screwed am i

Hey Guys any help is appreciated, i was doing the trimming guide and did everything including removing the LD0 and the u10 relocation, then while wiring up i noticed the pms lite needs the ld0 and doesnt even need the u10 relocation so i ended wasting time there as well, what do i do now that the ld0 is gone should i buy a replacement wii or wait til pms 2 is back in stock for this wii?

did you desolder the LDO or did you dremel it?
if solder, you can just resolder it.

you might be able to find a replacement on aliexpress or similar sites, otherwise, just get a new wii, they're really cheap

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
hey I'm not sure I'll confirm when the one I ordered arrives but I think the ldo is here on mouser https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/595-TPS75718KTTR
Do not solder that part onto the original LDO's footprint. It has a different pinout and will not work.

The LDO on the Wii has Vout on pin 3 and the tab. Some motherboards use a Sharp PQ070XHA2 regulator, and some use a Richtek RT9009. You can purchase a replacement RT9009 from Win-Source (Minimum order quantity of 60! A new Wii from eBay would be cheaper.)

Last edited:
thanks for the quick response, I'll wait on crazyG

Last edited: