Red Gwii

After building a gboy with 480p Display my next project was to build a GWii.

Gboy manual helped also a lot on the gwii build.

My First build, the gboy was pretty messi, these time i tried to make it better.

Sanding the Buttons to fit was a little bit challenging, but at the end worked pretty well.

Wiring up the menu Buttons with the Video Board was also a challenge, because i wired the smd resistors between the Magnet wire and the Buttons without a pcb.

To wire the Audio Jack, discord searching function helped another time.

Had some Problems with Video Signal (havnt connected the Mode pin and havnt activate the VGA function in RVloader Installation)

After solder and desolder the batterie contact several times to find the no Video Signal issue, i finaly shorted b+ and b- with the tweezers.
Realy thougt some minutes i killed the PMS.
It was a lucky night and i didnt.
After that i installed a switch to disconnect the batteries.

Also the usbdongle was somehow defect. (Had to buy a new one)

After that, Gwii gave the First lifesigns and worked.

Was realy happy to finish the work, but then i read a Post in discord from pickles which has wired a hdmi out to the gboy one day ago.

Damn it, these function is so cool.

So bought the ave-hdmi to finally finish my gwii.

After wiring the ave-hdmi the Video Signal was good, but no Sound and no hdmi-menu.

After writing the problem in discord, militaryman_20 and pickles helped to activate the menu (wiring up a gc controller directly to the gwii)
So i could activate the enhanced DVI Mode and finaly got Audio through HDMI out.

And now i finally can present my Red Gwii with Bluetooth, MX-chip and HDMi out.

Great Thanks to the entire community to make such a cool project possible for me.
Its amazing how much work and energy you gave to make a portable console project work with so many and cool Features.

Attachments