Question PSone console + PSone LCD

Bakuku

Portables
Hi,

Ok so the PSone Lcd is capable of accepting 15khz RGB, right? And I know the PSone is capable of producing a RGB signal.

My question is:
How do I get the RGB signal from the PSone Console en directly feed it to the RGB pin inside the PSone Lcd?

I want the screen to be permanently be attached to the console so I can "destroy" the backside of the console and get the signal cables and just cover it with the Lcd.

Is it possible to use the RGB signal from the console for use with the PSone Lcd?

I'm using a PAL PSone console and screen FYI.

Greets.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Use the connector pinout. Make sure to connect RGB signals and also composite video because it's used for sync, and ground of course :)

609401B6-530F-4CDB-9E86-0ED8837F6026-511-00000075EB7349DA_tmp.png

Bakuku

Portables
Use the connector pinout. Make sure to connect RGB signals and also composite video because it's used for sync, and ground of course :)

View attachment 1369
Do I need to use 220µf caps as well? I was looking at the schematics for the PS1/2 RGB Scart and they are listed as parts in between the colour signals.
Link

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Do I need to use 220µf caps as well? I was looking at the schematics for the PS1/2 RGB Scart and they are listed as parts in between the colour signals.
Link
The PSOne LCD is connected straight into the PSOne, the needed caps are most likely already on the LCD driver board

Bakuku

Portables
The PSOne LCD is connected straight into the PSOne, the needed caps are most likely already on the LCD driver board
Ok I got it to work! Thanks.

My next issue is that I connected Red, Green and Blue together with composite to sync and L and R audio to RGB audio mode and Ground. I thought that now that it is set to RGB I would be able to play NTSC on my PAL console without screen rolling but that doesn't seem to be the case sadly :( .

Is there a way to play NTSC on an official PAL PSone Lcd?
I read something about changing a crystal, any ideas on that?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I would suggest avoiding the crystal stuff, that can be super finicky and end up breaking the screen just because the piece isn't quite on right or there is interference, etc

Bakuku

Portables
I would suggest avoiding the crystal stuff, that can be super finicky and end up breaking the screen just because the piece isn't quite on right or there is interference, etc
You have experience with this mod or?

Any other suggestions on how to play NTSC on PAL Lcd then?

Bakuku

Portables
@Aurelio after doing thr mod I now have rolling image after 1 min of gameplay... Undid the mod but issue isbstill present... :(

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Looks like it's a timing problem on the composite signal. Check if you made some mistakes there

Bakuku

Portables
Ok I just tested composite only on my Gamecube and that works. Which means the RGB is busted for some reason :/