Ps2p Battery suggestions

Hello all,

Ive been working on researching and gathering the materials for a PlayStation 2 portable project. I am currently searching for a battery. I'm looking for something fairly small and that provides 2 or more hours of battery life. Any suggestions? I'm just curious what kind of options are out there.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Lithium for sure, but you'll need to decide what style of cells to use, cylindrical or prismatic, then how many cells in series to create the needed voltage. Two cells will produce 7.4 (but will require the 6v mod), 3 will produce 11.1 (but will require a regulator), do you want links for suggested setups?

Portables
Where are you from? @Gman has a BOM for the $ and I'm putting together a BOM for Europe atm (including 3d printer materials/tips)

@Lightning you only need the low dropout mod for keeping the disc drive don't you?

It is a resource putting together many reliable pieces of tech like screens, batteries, switches, cases, etc. These products are guaranteed to be trustworthy. It can be found in the general discussion section.

I'm not entirely sure, but I know that the 7805 regulators drop out at 7 volts, so a 7.4 volt battery setup would only give you 30-40 minutes of play, especially on a USB loading portable

Friend ... Could you pass the mod 6v link? Which regulator to use?

So upon some further research I have come to another question. After looking at gman BOM and the recommended batteries. I believe they were 3.7v 3400mah 18650's. I am by no means an expert in this area so this may be a noob question, but does there exist such a thing as a protection board that has both output for the battery power and inputs for charging the batteries? I was trying to find a solution in which the batteries could stay inside the portable at all times if possible.

If anyone has any other helpful info/recommendations, feel free to throw them my way!

Hi everyone...I'm a bit late coming back to this discussion, but I have a question. I have the following board that I am planning on using w/my two 3500mah 18650's to power my first portable PS2.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intelligent...2S-Packs-18650-lithium-Satellite/311721987212

This board is referenced in the Batteries Guide, however, would this actually work for a portable PS2? It says it can do 2-3A output...is this enough to power a PS2?

This is my first build, so I'm trying to make it more of a learning experience. I'm really just looking for ~40 minutes of battery so I can have something that works. I plan on doing an improved build later.