Discussion PS2 Portable w/ WIFI

I've had this idea for quite a long time now ever since I saw a video similar to this one a while back ago: video
I was planning on doing this with my portable, but I sadly never finished it, because of work, the pandemic, etc.

So I was wondering has anyone ever tried this with their portable? It is essentially a mini WIFI router motherboard soldered to the PS2. I think that it would make an awesome portable complete with online and local multiplayer functionality, and FTP to transfer games and saves

dababy

idk if this would work (i may be totally wrong) but isn't some of the needed wifi modules on the ps2 trimmed? again i may be 100% wrong. this would revolutionize the ps2 portable and is a great idea, do u have a model of a certain wifi router that u would use if this is a possibility?

Portables
idk if this would work (i may be totally wrong) but isn't some of the needed wifi modules on the ps2 trimmed? again i may be 100% wrong. this would revolutionize the ps2 portable and is a great idea, do u have a model of a certain wifi router that u would use if this is a possibility?
PS2 doesn't have wifi modules, it's strictly a ethernet network adapter, and yes it is entirely possible to put a mango router in a PS2 portable and connect opl to the SMB server provided by it over a hardwire connection. However the limitation of connecting a lan and game streaming is likely not an option due to the tech.

There is a pi os to run as a network connected gaming lobby styled setup but those games are loaded via disc or usb

I've thought about that as well, if it would work or not. It would definitely revolutionize portables! Being able to FTP games from your PC or Android phone, play DNS online patched games like Battlefront II, maybe even use Linux, who knows!

I've seen a bunch of videos of people using various WIFI routers, but they're all in Spanish, as they are from Brazil, but sadly I don't understand it very well. The one in that vid is a Mango router available on Amazon here. Another guy in a video with a pink PS2 used Nexx WT3020 Router, with a NVMe mod as well. This one guy here used an Orange Pi Zero as the WIFI router.