Question ps2 portable v2

Hello everyone,

A few years ago I made a ps2 portable, tonnes of wire, barely trimmed the board, never got the face buttons to work and gave up on them because of spaghetti wiring, but it worked and it made me so happy. Recently I woke up and decided that it wasn't good enough and that I can do a lot better, so I have a few questions to set me up for the better one I'm going to make soon (already designing 3d models for everything, but money is tight so I'm getting the parts together)

1. Does anyone have the cad files for gman's pms for the ps2 or a diagram I can use to make one? I'm going for the advanced trim.
2. Is there any specific reason people still use 18650s instead of low profile lipos? I know they max out at 2 amps but I'm not sure what amps are needed to run the ps2
3. I've noticed in some of gman's videos that his ps2 trim lacks all the bulky caps towards the wide side of the pcb on his ps2, are those not needed? or is he doing something that I've missed to manage the power being routed through those areas?
4. Does anyone have cad files for usb-c delivery also? I saw some schematics on gman's blog but I'm not sure if those would work for the ps2, it looked like they were for the n64

This is all I can think of for now but I'm really excited to share with everyone designs and plans as I start working on the pcb part of things. I'm also a programmer and plan on taking a look at the software behind the ps2+ to maybe try and figure out some of the issues I've seen the community complain about with compatibility!

Last edited: