Release ProConGCC Firmware v1 (Compatible with GC+ hardware)

Github Link: https://github.com/mitchellcairns/ProCon-GCC/tree/master/ProConGCC.X

What is this?
This is a firmware designed for PIC18(L)F24/25K42 microcontrollers which emulates the function of a GameCube controller as faithfully as possible.

Features:
- GUI-less configuration
- Stick calibration to real GCC range (-100 to +100)
- 4 different trigger modes to handle analog and digital presses in a variety of manners
- 1 bonus input mode specifically designed for Smash Ultimate
- Rumble disable/enable
- Support for extremely fast polling rates (Works in Smashscope oscilloscope mode in my testing) Target was functionality at 1ms polling intervals

Background
I had originally set out to utilize a GC+2.0 board from Aurelio and 4layertech for a custom Pro Controller build. The build worked well enough utilizing a custom PCB but there were a few items I wanted to resolve (namely support for a much faster polling rate and stick range) and changes I wanted to make to support configuring the controller without any external tools. I don't often boot up my Wii and wanted to be able to adjust my controller on the fly.

The schematic for the hardware is identical to the GC+ and this firmware should be fully compatible with that hardware, just flash it using a Pickit3.
Original hardware design schematic can be found here: https://github.com/Aurelio92/GCPlus-2.0

This project 100% would not exist without the work of Aurelio, it inspired me to push this project as far as I could go and meet my project goals. There was a ton that was learned from his codebase; I do take a slightly different approach with much of my firmware, namely using pure assembly to handle the reading of incoming packets as well as pushing out responses.

GUI-less configuration:
While booting...
- Hold ZL/L : Leftmost trigger mode
- Hold ZR/R : Rightmost trigger mode
- Hold L/R : Default trigger mode
- Hold ZL/ZR : Full trigger mode
- Hold A/Y/X : Stick calibration mode
- Hold A/B/D-Pad Left : Reset to defaults
- Hold Start : Enable/disable rumble
- Hold D-Up : Increase stick deadzone
- Hold D-Down : Decrease stick deadzone

Trigger mode explanations:
Leftmost trigger mode: ZL is full L trigger press, L is light trigger press.
Rightmost trigger mode: ZR is full R trigger press, R is light trigger press.
Default trigger mode: ZL/ZR act as full trigger press, L/R are mapped as 'Z'
Full trigger mode: ZL/ZR act as full trigger press, L/R act as light analog press

Stick calibration mode:
In stick calibration mode, both sticks can be swirled around 5-6 times. Press start to save the configuration. Controller will connect immediately after saving the settings.

Hex file for flashing is attached!

Attachments