Question possible AVE shorted with VGA

Is it possible that the AVE is damaged? because I am not receiving any resistance in the R component line and there is a short to ground, in the G and B components I have a resistance value of 0.35 in scale from diode to ground, the composite image on a screen also shakes 6.5” but when connecting the OM4 to a composite TV if it looks good without shaking, I put 0.35 varnished cables twisted with the ground, do you think an AVE could be transparent?

A color component is missing but the image looks very defined,The last photo is composite video but the image shakes a little, I don't know what else I could check, I have a 6-layer Wii cutout that doesn't work, could I transplant the AVE?

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
AVE chips are drop-in exchangeable among 4 and 6 layer Wiis, but killing them is quite hard. Have you tested your screen with a different VGA source to see if it displays VGA normally?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
If you're seeing shorts on your RGB lines, I'd recommend completely disconnecting your VGA wiring from the Wii. If you're still seeing dead shorts to ground (75 ohms is normaal for each color line), then you know the issue is on the Wii side. If everything looks good, check to see if the short is on the screen driver board side of things. Either way, carefully inspect for solder bridges, solder balls, or any other kind of conductive debris.

If you're seeing shorts on your RGB lines, I'd recommend completely disconnecting your VGA wiring from the Wii. If you're still seeing dead shorts to ground (75 ohms is normaal for each color line), then you know the issue is on the Wii side. If everything looks good, check to see if the short is on the screen driver board side of things. Either way, carefully inspect for solder bridges, solder balls, or any other kind of conductive debris.
In lines G and B I have 35 ohms and in R a short, I checked with everything loose and the short is on the Wii directly in the AVE resistors there is a short in R, but it is true that I did not check the other part of the motherboard. Wii, if there is something short on the resistors on the other side, I will check the entire path of the R component and tell you the result. Thanks for the support.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Looking at it closely, you have some burnt flux residue around the RGB wiring that could be causing issues. I'd give it a proper clean with some isopropyl alcohol

Looking at it closely, you have some burnt flux residue around the RGB wiring that could be causing issues. I'd give it a proper clean with some isopropyl alcohol
Okay, I clean the entire area and check if it is the cause. If the short continues to occur, I thought about carefully lifting the pin of the R component and thus determining if the short is in the RVL or in the Wii line, would it work?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Okay, I clean the entire area and check if it is the cause. If the short continues to occur, I thought about carefully lifting the pin of the R component and thus determining if the short is in the RVL or in the Wii line, would it work?
It would work to identify if the chip is damaged, yeah

It would work to identify if the chip is damaged, yeah
I cleaned everything and there was no luck so I decided to lift the pin and it worked. Now I have 75 ohms in R so I only have to restore the plant values to adjust the balance because I was messing with the settings, thanks for the support you are truly great,