Portable Wii

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I would like a portable wii. If I provide a wii myself, will it make it cheaper?
The wii is the cheapest part of the portable :P I usually pick them up for $5-10, and shipping is barely worth that. It's the battery, regulators, screen, buttons, Bondo, epoxy, paint, speakers, amplifier, tact switches, etc, etc, etc that add up the cost. What is your budget?

The wii is the cheapest part of the portable :P I usually pick them up for $5-10, and shipping is barely worth that. It's the battery, regulators, screen, buttons, Bondo, epoxy, paint, speakers, amplifier, tact switches, etc, etc, etc that add up the cost. What is your budget?
i really shouldn't be going any higher than 500-600, otherwise, I'll get a dolphin laptop

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I'd just get the laptop then. The whole point of a portable is that it's a custom setup that is fully compatible and is made to fit the user's needs in terms of size and button layout. If you just want to emulate games, I'd put your money towards a laptop since it can do other stuff as well.

If you want an actual portable in that price range, you're going to have to learn some electrical knowledge. Portables occasionally need repairs or replacements and since they're custom, you need to understand what you're doing since there's no guide. I have a POS GameCube Portable that I would sell for 400 and shipping, but it would be as is since I don't want to work on it any more. Or for about that price, you could build your own. It's an addicting hobby and useful in the real world since you learn all sorts of skills.

Just my two cents

I'd just get the laptop then. The whole point of a portable is that it's a custom setup that is fully compatible and is made to fit the user's needs in terms of size and button layout. If you just want to emulate games, I'd put your money towards a laptop since it can do other stuff as well.

If you want an actual portable in that price range, you're going to have to learn some electrical knowledge. Portables occasionally need repairs or replacements and since they're custom, you need to understand what you're doing since there's no guide. I have a POS GameCube Portable that I would sell for 400 and shipping, but it would be as is since I don't want to work on it any more. Or for about that price, you could build your own. It's an addicting hobby and useful in the real world since you learn all sorts of skills.

Just my two cents
I see, thank you. I figured as much. I may try to attempt my own, but I have alot of stuff in my life right now. Once again, thanks for the info!