1. We've officially relaunched the store! Check it out by clicking "Store" at the top of the page!
    Dismiss Notice

Portable dvd player 9"screen

Discussion in 'Screens' started by Kris, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Kris .

I am working on small things before I go to bigger and better lol..first I wanted to see if disconnecting the DVD drive from it if the display would still work 1498003825206-129491537.jpg and it does! After I have read thread after thread I seen that portable DVD players will work if the have their own drive board..so it makes sense it would run..

So my question is how do I build a charger for the battery it takes since the only charger I have is for a car IMAG0313.jpg

..do I have to find out what voltage it's taking in and then build one with a resistor to that voltage?.this part is the most confusing thing for me to understand so far throughout all I have read. I am willing to keep reading until the answer is there but if someone could point me in the right direction for reading I would appreciate it...thanks for your time! Happy modding!

Edit: never mind it makes sense that I would build the power supply for the portable and run the screen off of it..but it's a 9 volt screen..craziness lol..the real question is can I find where the input is on the monitors driver lol

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. MasterNate .

Do you want to use the 9 inch screen for your portable? I am not saying that is bad, but that would make a huge portable console. As long as you know what you want, thats great.

That battery pack that you have. Normally, plasticwrap around the batteries is the sign of a cheaply made battery. Not always, but some of the time. If you look at the BOM in the general discussion, there is a link to some high quality batteries that people use a lot here.

Madmorda and Kris like this.
  3. Kris .

Thank you...so the thing is I have a soft modded Wii and a Wii u and I have a Wii mini....I know the Wii mini is not really good for alot but as my first project I'm going to add a screen and RE case it and probably use it as a real learning experience..the wiimote syncs so I can learn how to do the control board for the controller. I'm just messing with alot of stuff I have already and then when I am comfortable I am going to portabalize my Wii!!!!

I'm attempting to find the input for the av on the screens board so I can do away with the big motherboard for the DVD player. I guess just trial and error with continuity but any suggestions for that would be great...
    Thanks