Question PMS-PD not reading from USB

Hey guys, I'm working on an Ashida and I cannot get the PMS-PD to read from the USB drive. I've tried 2 different drives that I know to be working, I can plug them into my PC and read the files just fine (it's also the same drive I used when I installed RVLoader pre-trim).
RVLoader just shows the "no USB" screen so the Wii is booting up just fine. My data lines look good, I've verified continuity between D+/D- on the PD with CM2 and no shorts so my solder joints are good.
The weird thing is that I cannot read the USB drive by plugging the PD into my PC either, so I'm afraid the PD may be bad but I'm not sure any other ways to check.

Also, it's a PMS-PD rev B which has worked in the past in this exact portable. The only thing that's happened is it's been sitting on a shelf for 3-4 months with no batteries connected, and it's a new Wii but like I said the Wii itself boots just fine.

Well, I found that 3v3 was shorting to GND when powered on, so the PD might just be fried. Going to disconnect everything and check the PMS lite as well but I think I just need a new PMS-PD.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Well, I found that 3v3 was shorting to GND when powered on, so the PD might just be fried. Going to disconnect everything and check the PMS lite as well but I think I just need a new PMS-PD.
It may be as simple as the 3.3v pad on the PD shorting against the PMS by touching it. Perhaps try putting some electrical tape or kapton tape on the underside of the PD's castellated pads to insulate them.
1678773107076.png

This is why I think that. It's hard to gauge the proximity from the photo angle, but it kinda looks like it could make contact