Solved Pmii + Classic Pro Controller?

Mumble

Portables
Hey all, I'm having an issue where when I connect my pro controller in Pmii, the cursor drops to the bottom left as if I was moving to the bottom left. If I move up and right on the controller though, it stays perfectly still.

This is only happening in Pmii, I launched Sonic Colors and it works perfectly fine. Also, if I move the wii remote around the cursor just jumps around, (again only with the pro controller connected).

Any suggestions?

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
It's just the controller acting up.

Make sure the CCP is plugged into your Wiimote before powering on the Wiimote and before powering on the Wii.

I had this issue regularly when I would attempt to plug my CCP into the Wiimote while it was already running.

Mumble

Portables
It's just the controller acting up.

Make sure the CCP is plugged into your Wiimote before powering on the Wiimote and before powering on the Wii.

I had this issue regularly when I would attempt to plug my CCP into the Wiimote while it was already running.
I bought two. They both do it ONLY in Portablize Mii.
Edit: I tried it just to be sure, and nothing :c

Last edited:

Acronell

Aquafam
I bought two. They both do it ONLY in Portablize Mii.
Yes, this happens with any Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro.

Similar to how DDR and ITG pads worked, if you stood on an arrow on the pad while the cabinet booted up it wouldn't register that arrow correctly. The same if you plugged the pad into the cabinet while it was already booted up, and not previously connected during the same power cycle.

There is a physical possibility of something being inbetween the connection, but if it's only during the actual menu it wouldn't make sense.

When I encountered this problem myself, I only had to power the Wii down completely, then booting back up again and it would be fine.

On a separate note, if you have 3rd party controllers they may not function properly with PM, as has been noted with other Homebrew.

Mumble

Portables
Yes, this happens with any Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro.

Similar to how DDR and ITG pads worked, if you stood on an arrow on the pad while the cabinet booted up it wouldn't register that arrow correctly. The same if you plugged the pad into the cabinet while it was already booted up, and not previously connected during the same power cycle.

There is a physical possibility of something being inbetween the connection, but if it's only during the actual menu it wouldn't make sense.

When I encountered this problem myself, I only had to power the Wii down completely, then booting back up again and it would be fine.

On a separate note, if you have 3rd party controllers they may not function properly with PM, as has been noted with other Homebrew.
Hmmm...I did get 3rd party controllers. Turning it on and off doesn't fix it, so I guess that's the only explanation, though I wouldn't get why it only does it with Pmii while it works with all my games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Noah

retired
Portables
PortablizeMii is designed to be used with a GameCube controller. Some homebrew such as Nintendont are compatible with classic controllers but we produced the pack around the idea of using a GC controller for maximum compatibility.

Acronell

Aquafam
Hmmm...I did get 3rd party controllers. Turning it on and off doesn't fix it, so I guess that's the only explanation, though I wouldn't get why it only does it with Pmii while it works with all my games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
I imported mine from Japan, then bought the Pikachu Hori Gamecube CCP, then also picked up the Mario CCP Fight Pad at Walmart.

Mumble

Portables
PortablizeMii is designed to be used with a GameCube controller. Some homebrew such as Nintendont are compatible with classic controllers but we produced the pack around the idea of using a GC controller for maximum compatibility.
So it just isn't compatible? Or not designed to be compatible?

Acronell

Aquafam
^---- That is why I have issues with WiiSX, because I tend to use my CCP primarily to play from way back on my bed, instead of right up and close.
14894498313771399084053.jpg

For the most part away from WiiSX, I don't have any problems using any of my CCPs with PM though.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I've had issues with third party classic controllers and homebrew. They don't always work right for some reason, but I've never had any problems with official stuff :P

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
We didn't do anything to WiiSX or postLoader that would cause classic controllers to act up.

If you're pointing the wiimote at something and trying to use the controller, the cursor prioritizes the wiimote.

Mumble

Portables
I would try a first party controller, but they're ridiculously priced!

Acronell

Aquafam
We didn't do anything to WiiSX or postLoader that would cause classic controllers to act up.

If you're pointing the wiimote at something and trying to use the controller, the cursor prioritizes the wiimote.
The only issue is directly related to the Bluetooth of the Wiimote. When WiiSX opens it momentarily loses connection with the Wiimote, so the Wiimote and subsequently the Classic Controller don't automatically register, forcing you to open the menu manually and set the controls.

When using a Gamecube controller this doesn't happen because it's directly connected to the console, so it automatically registers and you can just play your game, assuming the game works xD

I would try a first party controller, but they're ridiculously priced!
You can get the GC Styled Fight Pads for between 15-20$ at Walmart, and depending where you live Gaming Stores tend to have them for the same range, and I'm talking new. Here in NY we have Jay Street and Pasttime Legends.