Worklog Overlord's PS2 Portable

Discussion in 'Other' started by Overlord, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Overlord .

It kinda looks like Nintendo gets a lot of love on this forum, so I thought I'd bring something different to the table.
    I'll be throwing a PS2 Slim inside Wii U hard case. The plan is for no disk drive, usb/SD card loading only, 7.4v batts, 5.6 inch lcd, and digital volume control, so far. Mobo is a 79002.
    Some stuff I've already got, other stuff is in the mail and on it's way. Should be fun to see how this turns out.
    Starting on the case work pretty much asap.
    DSCN0908.JPG

2. ShockSlayer Ivan - the tyranny of evil men . .

Portables:
    All
    I'm excited. While I've only ever done nintendo stuff, I love seeing other portables like this.

Ampz likes this.
  3. Providencial .

Cool, great to see something other than Nintendo going on.
    (I hope to join you in here with my own thread once I fix up my new place and can move in properly...)

Looking forward to see your progress.

4. Noah The Manager Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Neat! If we get another PS2 going I can totally stand behind making a Sony section.

Sounds awesome Overlord! Can't wait to see how this one turns out! :D

5. Overlord .

Thanks guys. Gunna try my best here :)

This is my second go at a PS2p, so this time round I've learned from my mistakes.
    DSCN0909.JPG DSCN0915.JPG
    Started out by cutting a spacer out of a second front half of a hard case, super glued it to the first half. Also cut out controller buttons and D-pad, super glued them into place, and shoulder triggers on the back.
    Screen is a salvaged PSOne LCD. Measured it in the case, then cut up some plexiglass to fill in the gaps on either side. Used a PS home button hole on the front of the case for on/off. Epoxied everything in place.
    DSCN0918.JPG DSCN0916.JPG DSCN0919.JPG
    The spacer was such a good call. That, coupled with the raised face buttons, buys me so much more space inside the case.
    For filling the holes/gaps, this time I've gone with ABS Slurry. I've seen a few other people online use it, so figured I'd give it a shot. Still waiting for it to fully dry, then I can start the delightful process of sanding :XD:
    DSCN0923.JPG DSCN0924.JPG

Kojo, Noah, Ampz and 2 others like this.
  6. Ampz .

I like the way you handle your work, the case looks so clean.