OmegaFlex - Combined NAND/GPU signal/U10 relocation flex PCB

This has been a long time coming but here it is folks:
Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 10.35.18 AM.png
IMG_0987.jpeg
IMG_1076.jpg
Untitled.jpg

This flexible PCB combines the goodness of NAND, Wii's GPU signals and the U10 in one package. It also has breakouts for GameCube controller 1/2 data lines with pull up resistors, MODE pin pullup solder bridge pad and USB/Bluetooth data lines as well.

Its primary goal is to reduce the mess of magnet wires in portables and to make the Wii as something of a removable module that can be reused without resoldering when you want to upgrade your portables in the future.

I decided to release this as open source hardware since i haven't been able to find a good way to sell this. Here's the Github repo for the KiCAD source files:

Special thanks to:

@StonedEdge
for the unwavering support over the course of my journey into this modding scene.
@kent for the help with the fabrication and my commission to him of a custom AVE-HDMI module and for double checking my designs as well (man that NAND power rail screwup was really hard to find haha).
@Aurelio for his deep insights to the Wii's internal workings and helping me with the necessary dimensions for the spacings of the NAND vias.
@YveltalGriffin for his guidance from his experience with the AVEFlex. It was a great inspiration to me as well.
and to @Gman for the encouragement of me finally posting this thing after half a year, and to his patience to my incessant ramblings

And yes, we've only just begun :D

Last edited:
Would you connect an LCD directly to the mother board like the RVL direct drive? Or does it need some additional hardware?

this flex pcb only breaks out the gpu signals to whichever device that will translate those signals to either LCD or other video output. Right now it was made with the Direct Drive and GCVideo/AVE-HDMI in mind.

This is beyond epic my friend! Incredible work! A dream come true!!! Can’t wait to make one up for myself.
Cheers mate… thanks for the contribution!