Question oMdding help (gameboy pocket)

hey I’m hereby with some newb questions

I bought a broken backlit gameboy pocket and I changed the screen as needed and I love playing it

Problem is the backlight flickers badly and killing my eyes

So far from what I’m seeing people are saying I new to add a resistor to it but I want to know for sure

And if so I have no clue what resistor should be used and I’m scared of buying the wrong type and wanted to know if anyone could link me to the proper one

Again I’m sorry for dumb questions I’ve never attempted stuff like this before my knowledge goes as far as replacing the screen
I’m use to fixing things like furbys gameboys are very different than furbys

Any 100/150 ohm resistor should work for the pocket.
Thanks a ton!
Do you happen to know any good guide to putting the resistor in
I really don’t want to mess it up I’ve alrrady invested way more into this than I planned too lol

That is the downside to this hobby. It is always more expensive than we think it is going to be. But the return is great. And the feeling you get when you finally finish something is the best reward. The benefits far outweigh the bit of money you put into your projects.

bud

DAT ASS
Portables
13+-ish Can't remember ;P
Thanks a ton!
I really don’t want to mess it up I’ve alrrady invested way more into this than I planned too lol
Resistors are pretty simple to install. Put where you want resistance. aka the voltage line

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I just want to add that it's impossible to put a resistor in "backwards". It doesn't matter which way it goes. That threw me on my first led mod :) Also Radioshack might have what you're looking for.

nobble

Thanks a ton!
I'll be uploading a guide on my YouTube Channel on How-To install a backlight and bivert mod into your Gameboy Pocket. Check it out, I should have it up soon.

If only they existed anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WELP. I still rep Radio Shack 60/40 rosin core solder.