Worklog N64 Portable Worklog

Gex

Hey Guys.
I’m a newbie to console modding, so my first portable won‘t exactly be the most impressive.
It’ll feature:
- A very lightly trimmed Mobo
- A built in MakoPad64 Controller (Hence the name)
- A Custom Vacuum Formed Case
- A 5“ VGA Screen
- USB-C Charging
- 2 2700 4250mAh Battery Cells

Forgive the low Quality Sketch below, I just did it for a very rough map in about 5 minutes.

I hope that it’ll go well!

Attachments

Last edited:
Sounds good man…I actually really love the sketch!

You are going to maintain four controller ports?

Gex

Sounds good man…I actually really love the sketch!

You are going to maintain four controller ports?
Thank you! And, of course I’ll keep them! Love playing Smash with friends! Probably going to gut a broken GameCube Controller dock and use it as a hookup box for Video Out as well.

Gex

Update: I have chosen to use 3 Canon BP-915 Batteries instead of the Ion Cells, as I am a bit afraid of the Lithium Ion cells exploding , and there is plenty of documentation of them on the old Bacteria forums.

Attachments

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Information on the old bacteria forums should stay there and not be used.. because it is old and outdated. You can buy 18650 cells individually. They are the same cells inside these battery packs but they can be higher quality and capacity if you get certain ones. Most people will use the Samsung 35E cells.

Gex

Information on the old bacteria forums should stay there and not be used.. because it is old and outdated. You can buy 18650 cells individually. They are the same cells inside these battery packs but they can be higher quality and capacity if you get certain ones. Most people will use the Samsung 35E cells.
Well, GMan knows best in, well, ANY modding circumstances! Thanks

Gex

Update: With the new information provided by GMan, I will go back to the original plan , and work on the vacuum forming table will begin ASAP!

Gex

Sorry for long time without update, I’ve had a lot going on in my life, but I have progress!

I have
- Swapped the Vacuum formed case for a 3D printed one, as I now have a Printer!
- Designed a case (Pictures soon!)
- Ordered all of the part, some of them have arrived
- Thinking of better names for the console, have narrowed it down to a couple.

Keep by for more updates!

Last edited: