Question N64 PMS and 64 Amp

Portables
I'm wanting to start an N64 portable but I'm missing these 2 parts. Does anyone know where I could get them? I know they are no longer sold on the store and they aren't open sourced.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
The 64AMP is opensource on Gunnar's github. As for the N64PMS, you can do what I did and modify the opensource RVL-PMS into an N64PMS (just cut off the top of the board and rearrange some pads)

Have you got a link to Gunnar's Github? I can't seem to find anything under the user 'Gunnar' on Github?

Portables
The 64AMP is opensource on Gunnar's github. As for the N64PMS, you can do what I did and modify the opensource RVL-PMS into an N64PMS (just cut off the top of the board and rearrange some pads)
It's time for me to learn how to edit circuit boards then. I have never done any circuit design before. I'm excited to try and learn though. If I have any questions I'll be sure to reach out

Looking at your board compared to the RVL-PMS, it looks like you just removed the 1v, 1.5v, and 1.8v lines is that right? Then moved the vsys and r, g, b pads?

Last edited:
Portables
I figured out some of the issues that I was having earlier. I think I have made a usable version of the PMS for the N64. There are a few adjustments I need to make still as I learn how to do them in KiCad. I'm getting quite a few warnings when I run DRC. The silkscreen also needs to be updated.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 7.07.00 PM.png

Attachments

Portables
Made a few more adjustments and I think that the board is ready!

I decided not to update the silkscreen just so I can keep track of the parts compared to the BOM in the repository. Plus I'm lazy and I don't know a quick way to redo all the labels. :P

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 9.26.10 AM.png