Question N64 board diagnosing

Guid

I bought some years ago off of eBay what I can only assume was a failed modders collection that was comprised of various n64, GameCube, and wii mobos, controller boards, batteries, cases, buttons, etc. I bought the lot mainly for the wasp fusions that came with everything as gcloaders were unavailable at the time.

There were 3 n64 boards that someone had a go at with varying degrees of haphazard destruction. I can’t get any of the three boards main led to light up and am just looking for some help in finding out if these boards can be saved or not. If none can be saved should I pull any chips off the boards before scrapping them?

Attachments

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
I would keep them in tact and not remove the chips unless you have some kind of board redesign like Gunnar's or SparkleBear’s 3x3. I would image (unless the main chips themselves are toasted) that all of these can be revived. In my N64 shenanigans, I have found the Advanced Trimming Guide and Compendium to be the two most usefull resources. I would start by making sure you are getting the correct necessary voltages. Since they all have the PIFs in tact, that's likely one less thing you need to worry about. I foresee life in all of these boards!

Guid

I would keep them in tact and not remove the chips unless you have some kind of board redesign like Gunnar's or SparkleBear’s 3x3. I would image (unless the main chips themselves are toasted) that all of these can be revived. In my N64 shenanigans, I have found the Advanced Trimming Guide and Compendium to be the two most usefull resources. I would start by making sure you are getting the correct necessary voltages. Since they all have the PIFs in tact, that's likely one less thing you need to worry about. I foresee life in all of these boards!
Thanks for the info. I’m looking at tackling an n64 portable in the near future and am just trying to straighten everything out. I’d love one of Gunnar’s 3v3’s but I’m assuming they aren’t for sale and files aren’t open source right?

Any idea where I could get an n64 pms and pif relocation board or would I have to design these myself?