Worklog My PS2 portable project

Piotr

Greatings
Since i receive help with my motherboard issue i can finaly continue with my project and share with you all.
This is my second ps2 portable first one was quite big becouse i didnt trimm the motherboard and leave much space to see if im able to create portable ps2.Successfuly everything was working well until my daughter drag it from my desk and it smashed to the flor. Hopefully the motherboard,lcd and other components were intact besides the case.I use some duct tape and glue to keep it together and play on hehe.After that incident i was reading the trimming guide and decide to try.I use almost all of the components from the first ps2, designed new case and 3d printed and other parts for it.For the front panel i will use acrilic plate
20190805_114558.jpg

motherboard after trimming
20190805_114906.jpg

case with battery cover
20190805_115855.jpg

fitting parts
20190805_115950.jpg
20190807_230153.jpg

20190807_230134.jpg

Front panel cuted, painted and glued post for controler
20190807_230439.jpg
20190807_231957.jpg

the comparison of my portables
Work in progres but i am happy with the resoults so far.

OK a little update
Last night was quite busy night and made some progress.Most of parts were wired still need to find place for the audio board becouse i thought it could fit above the usb but unfortunately not.Maybe i will desolder the potenciometer and try then. Tonight i will find out maybe i will be able to connect the two parts of the console and glue everything together.
20190826_121132.jpg

controller almost fully wired
20190826_121704.jpg
20190826_121225_HDR.jpg

ok those holes fo speaker i f*** up all the way but the rest look quite good
20190826_121331.jpg
OK that all for now till next time

Last edited:

Piotr

Hello everybody

I need help

During assembly my portable i have notice a problem with controller.When i connected all of the wires it didn't worked ,next day when i try to figure out what's wrong it suddenly started to work.When i was almost at the end of assebly and tests the contoller again stoped to respond.I have check several times connecions with multimeter and even try to connect ps2 controller using normal connector and nothing hapened only led tured on.It's possible that something is wrong with my motherboard something got fried or so? Did anybody had the same problem?any suggestion what to check or do i need new motherboard?Please help becouse i almost at the end and im stuck.Thanks in advance

Portables
Hello everybody

I need help

During assembly my portable i have notice a problem with controller.When i connected all of the wires it didn't worked ,next day when i try to figure out what's wrong it suddenly started to work.When i was almost at the end of assebly and tests the contoller again stoped to respond.I have check several times connecions with multimeter and even try to connect ps2 controller using normal connector and nothing hapened only led tured on.It's possible that something is wrong with my motherboard something got fried or so? Did anybody had the same problem?any suggestion what to check or do i need new motherboard?Please help becouse i almost at the end and im stuck.Thanks in advance
Based on the pictures you posted previously, it looks like some of your controller wiring might be shorting together when you close the case and cram everything together. Some if the pics get a little blurry when zoomed in so I cannot tell for sure, but there seems to be an excess of exposed wire around your solder connections to the PS2 motherboard for the controller and memory card wires.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
grumpymemes.jpg

You got some nice memes there, sir!

Reminds me on myself, like the display in my ps2p is from my n64p. I was so unhappy with it, i killed it quick, hard and slowly salvaged it over time. >:)

Anyways, thanks for sharing! Hope to see some more from you soon ;-)

// lol - i just noticed that i forgot to post this yesterday :D

Arceus

Wow! This looks great! Those speaker holes can be fixed, but that does not mean that it is an incredible console. Keep it up!

Piotr

hello everybody!
Finally i have finished my ps2 portable.I have tried to find the couse of controller port issue but with no effort so i decide to drop it and buy new motherboard and controller.In the 2 ROUND i have trimmed and wired motherboard in the same way by this time i pay more attention to soldering and to avoid any shorts.Every thing end up working fine exept the fan that is spining at ful rate.Its quite noisy but im shure that it will not overheat.In the future i will print the covers for the speakers and some kind part to improve the air circulation.The heat inside causes paint bubles what can be seen in the pictures.I have tested it for a while and despite the small things im very happy with the finall result.Thanks for the help during work to complete my project CHEERS
20191207_092846[1].jpg
20191207_092941_HDR[1].jpg
20191207_093016[1].jpg
20191207_093034[1].jpg
20191207_093046[1].jpg

Hi, I know you already had all the work by yourself, but I cant design a case. I have a 3d printer, so If you share your 3d files, I'll be very thankfull, you can PM me or send a email to [email protected]

That is one of the best looking portables I've ever seen, great job!